diy solar

diy solar

Two Delta Pro's 120v & 230v at the same time?

Joe72

I have my first Delta Pro otw, the plan was to get a second one if the first meets expectations and wire both up for 120v & 230v backup. (same time)
The 230v need is just a well pump on a 15A two pole, so not much load. Then about 5 or 6 other 120v 15/20A ckts. But in all
the searching I have done I am not seeing how to get both 120v & 230 in a finished solution either with the double voltage hub and panel interlock switch and just use a 30A breaker to feed the panel on the backup side, or the Smart home panel or presume any other transfer switch.

From what I read the split phase 230v off the double voltage hub does not provide balanced phases, you end up with like 108v on one side etc. On the Smart home panel there is a jumper, pull it for 230v split phase x5 ckts vs 10 other wise, so wired for one or the other, it does not look like that will work either. I know this would work if you had 3 delta pro's one for 120v and the other two for 230v wired separately, this seems crazy for a small well pump. Is anyone using these and getting 120 & 230v out of two pros? If so how did you do it?

Thanks!

Yes. I am doing this using the double voltage hub then tying into a manual transfer switch.

4x 110v, 1x 230v

Back