diy solar

diy solar

Two EG4-6500EX in parallel - One unit complaining about low bus voltage

Guys this is not Amazon or your local Best Buy. These are small outfits that can't survive if they take every equipment back. You want cheap you get cheap. If I had no grid to use as backup I'd be getting something more expensive. As someone said before, you buy it, it's yours.

Guys this is not Amazon or your local Best Buy. These are small outfits that can't survive if they take every equipment back. You want cheap you get cheap. If I had no grid to use as backup I'd be getting something more expensive. As someone said before, you buy it, it's yours.
?This is 100% correct. This inverter is made by Voltronic, their model is an Axpert MAX 7.2 (single 120v output) and rebranded/custom labeled under at least a half-dozen names with minor (insignificant) spec differences: MPP, EG4, Voltacon, Sunmart, Renovo, Cellcronic.... (for laughs, try a YouTube search for Axpert MAX 7.2, everybody and their brother are selling these units, some with pretty strange names :))

Businesses selling these re-brands have nothing to do with the design or manufacture of the product, they are basically as clueless about the inner workings of the inverter as stereo salesman at BestBuy (don't ask me how I know, I have two LV6548's). In one post on this forum, a member asked for help from MPP Solar with a firmware upgrade issue, MPP responded with "what are WE supposed to do about it". There's $$$ to be made NOW selling cheap solar equipment, when that dries up so does the 1,2,5,10 year warranties.

?This is 100% correct. This inverter is made by Voltronic, their model is an Axpert MAX 7.2 (single 120v output) and rebranded/custom labeled under at least a half-dozen names with minor (insignificant) spec differences: MPP, EG4, Voltacon, Sunmart, Renovo, Cellcronic.... (for laughs, try a YouTube search for Axpert MAX 7.2, everybody and their brother are selling these units, some with pretty strange names :))

Businesses selling these re-brands have nothing to do with the design or manufacture of the product, they are basically as clueless about the inner workings of the inverter as stereo salesman at BestBuy (don't ask me how I know, I have two LV6548's). In one post on this forum, a member asked for help from MPP Solar with a firmware upgrade issue, MPP responded with "what are WE supposed to do about it". There's $$$ to be made NOW selling cheap solar equipment, when that dries up so does the 1,2,5,10 year warranties.
As for MPP they were no help once I bought the inverter from watts247. Watts247 was very responsive and did help but MPP no help. I went by an sp6548 thread about lights flickering and they suggested a 20uf cap to fix it. That's exactly what I did to fix my voltage drop issue because my heat pump somehow causes the inverter to go bonkers. I did confirm it with Ian first though.

They shipped me a unit. They were able to duplicate the issue on my original unit, but said the issue went away after they updated the firmware on it.

I have not yet had a chance to actually install the replacement unit due to life getting in the way.

They shipped me a unit. They were able to duplicate the issue on my original unit, but said the issue went away after they updated the firmware on it.

I have not yet had a chance to actually install the replacement unit due to life getting in the way.
If they updated the firmware...I assume you will need the update the firmware on your other inverter before they will work together?

Yeah, that's the plan. I've already purchased the cable to load it, just have to find time to actually install it.

As for MPP they were no help once I bought the inverter from watts247. Watts247 was very responsive and did help but MPP no help. I went by an sp6548 thread about lights flickering and they suggested a 20uf cap to fix it. That's exactly what I did to fix my voltage drop issue because my heat pump somehow causes the inverter to go bonkers. I did confirm it with Ian first though.
hi where do you install the cap ???

Back