diy solar

diy solar

Two EG4-6500EX in parallel - One unit complaining about low bus voltage

Still waiting for a resolution to this...At this point I think we're all in agreement that the unit is bad, so hopefully a warranty replacement will be processed ASAP to get us back off-grid, the way we were before we installed these things...

Still waiting for a resolution to this...At this point I think we're all in agreement that the unit is bad, so hopefully a warranty replacement will be processed ASAP to get us back off-grid, the way we were before we installed these things...
And now based on past cases, this is when you will hear Crickets. If you do get a warranty replacement it will be on your dime and the replacement unit will be refurbished.

Last edited:
That would be an *EXTREMELY* unfortunate end to this situation. So far, support has been very good, aside from giving me some incorrect information. I certainly hope that I don't end up needing to fight Signature Solar to do what's right.

That would be an *EXTREMELY* unfortunate end to this situation. So far, support has been very good, aside from giving me some incorrect information. I certainly hope that I don't end up needing to fight Signature Solar to do what's right.
You won't be the first or the the tenth to have to fight. I suggest you use the search function on the forum.

I've read the 40 page saga. Kind of hoping maybe they've learned something since then.

It doesn't hurt to hope.
There is also a 55+ page one also. The last one was just a week ago so I don't think anything has changed.
Good luck.

I truly hope this gets resolved soon. My son in-law and I are looking at 2ea. and this situation is one that either way it goes, will weigh heavily on our decision making process as to which AIO we choose to go with.

If it comes to it, we'll just have to test the limits of our chargeback capabilities I guess.

I'm looking for the other thread that I guess I've missed somehow.

If the vendor doesn't stand behind their product the word will get out.
Exactly. Like I said above, so far support has been great. A bit slow maybe, but I'm not being ignored. I hope that trend continues through the warranty process, but based on what I've read, I'm a bit scared that isn't going to be the case.

If the vendor doesn't stand behind their product the word will get out.
I was actually speaking about the technology overall, not the vendor. They tend to come and go based on the service they provide when service is needed. It appears these units are pretty good and worth the money, but that doesn't keep a faulty unit from sneaking in once in awhile. When that happens, service should too.

Exactly. Like I said above, so far support has been great. A bit slow maybe, but I'm not being ignored. I hope that trend continues through the warranty process, but based on what I've read, I'm a bit scared that isn't going to be the case.
In the past there have been some growing pains. We are by no means going to leave you hanging. There have been some changes to our process and I assure you that if we have to warranty replace your unit, we will make sure there is a replacement sent to you at no cost. Looking forward to reaching a resolution as soon as possible.

In the past there have been some growing pains. We are by no means going to leave you hanging. There have been some changes to our process and I assure you that if we have to warranty replace your unit, we will make sure there is a replacement sent to you at no cost. Looking forward to reaching a resolution as soon as possible.
Yeah, me too, because ever since I decommissioned my Schneider setup and installed this one, we've had at least one grid outage a day (Grid here is awful). We're losing perfectly good food because of this. I really need this to be resolved today.

Someone will be reaching out to you today to get this wrapped up one way or another.
Replacing the faulting inverter? I have had earlier post on this about Signature solar. Once you bought it, Its your baby now. I'm looking at buying two eg 6000 and four more batteries.. Don't know if I should. Had Problems with my Growatt 12k at first. No help from them. My eg4 battery charger that was suppose to be 30 amps, They were asses about that. Sorry Ben

When I get a hold of a company about something being defective. I am almost 100 percent sure it's bad after research and testing, I don't like to get a bunch of bull shit, Replace it.

I kept getting the error 52 numerous times as well with daily outages, and it was quite frustrating. Mine *appeared* to be related to having low soc on one or more batteries in the bank, but initially I did just have one PV string going to one inverter, as I was waiting for parts to finish building my second array out. What I did that fixed my error 52 was to remove the EG4 setting from both inverters, set them both to USR mode, and then configured the charge settings based the EG4 battery recommendations. After doing that, it fixed both my Error 52 and Error 61 issues. With that said, now I want to see if I can figure out the timeframe to which I connected the second PV string, vs making the settings changes on the inverters - even though you've already shown that it can function with a single PV string connected to just one inverter (as it should).

Not sure if you already got a replacement unit, but if not, it's easy enough to try.

Back