diy solar

diy solar

Unable to change DALY BMS setting 'diff volt protect' and BMS is shutting down...

kjemmo

I have an Eve 280ah pack and a Daly BMS.

Lately the BMS is shutting down all the time. I suspect that it is the the protection parameter 'diff volt protect' that causes the BMS to shut down.

Mine is set to 0.26V, but I often see voltage difference at up to 0.7V while discharging. That is why I suspect that it is this setting that causes the shutdown.

When the pack is resting there is no voltage difference.

When I try to change the 'diff volt protect' parameter, I cant. I can change any other parameter, but with this one nothing happens when I click 'Set'. I also tried to do a factory reset in the app, but it had no effect and all parameters remained the same. Any tricks to force change the parameter.

Are my assumption about diff voltage causing the shutdowns correct?

Please see the attached images.

No voltages difference when resting
1628888733785.jpg
Voltage difference when discharging
1628888809762.jpg
Unable to change the diff volt setting
1628888937814.jpg

I am having the same problem that the phone app wont change the setting under "dif volt protect". It does what it looks like yours is doing. You put in the new value, push set, then password 123456, then your new input value just sits in the input field. The value does not change on the left.
My BMS setting here is set to 0 and I would like to change it to .1 but it wont. Whenever I put a big load on it for 10 or 15 minutes the BMS shuts the battery down as the cells begin to diverge in their charge.

Other settings in this app work fine but this one doesn't. Does anyone have a work around or ???
Ive been trying the pc software connection now but there are like 8 choices of IC to connect to. Im not sure how to find the chipset for the sinowealth software.

Last edited:

Lately the BMS is shutting down all the time. I suspect that it is the the protection parameter 'diff volt protect' that causes the BMS to shut down.

Mine is set to 0.26V, but I often see voltage difference at up to 0.7V while discharging. That is why I suspect that it is this setting that causes the shutdown.

When I try to change the 'diff volt protect' parameter, I cant. I can change any other parameter, but with this one nothing happens when I click 'Set'. I also tried to do a factory reset in the app, but it had no effect and all parameters remained the same. Any tricks to force change the parameter.

View attachment 60010
View attachment 60011
View attachment 60012
You should clean and check your busbar connections, that's the most likely problem.

View attachment 60010
View attachment 60011
View attachment 60012
FYI, none of the screen shots show an error condition. I never tried to change the voltage difference, never had a problem. What error does it give when it shuts down?

Why is overcharge protect set to 150 amps, and overdischarge set to 100 amps?

I am having the same problem that the phone app wont change the setting under "dif volt protect". It does what it looks like yours is doing. You put in the new value, push set, then password 123456, then your new input value just sits in the input field. The value does not change on the left.
My BMS setting here is set to 0 and I would like to change it to .1 but it wont. Whenever I put a big load on it for 10 or 15 minutes the BMS shuts the battery down as the cells begin to diverge in their charge.

Other settings in this app work fine but this one doesn't. Does anyone have a work around or ???
Ive been trying the pc software connection now but there are like 8 choices of IC to connect to. Im not sure how to find the chipset for the sinowealth software.
Two additional things.
1. I went to google play and looked at the android app. There is an email address of the developer. I emailed him my problem and a screen shot of the setting that won't change on the app and what Daly BMS i was using.
2. My main problem I think now was not my BMS shutting off the battery but my 80 amp breaker that goes off after 10 minutes @ 26amps (AC Unit). I switch to another battery system I had and it still shuts off when I get this continuous draw. I have switched to a high amp battery switch (to isolate battery) and a 80 amp ANL fuse in series.

Two additional things.
1. I went to google play and looked at the android app. There is an email address of the developer. I emailed him my problem and a screen shot of the setting that won't change on the app and what Daly BMS i was using.
2. My main problem I think now was not my BMS shutting off the battery but my 80 amp breaker that goes off after 10 minutes @ 26amps (AC Unit). I switch to another battery system I had and it still shuts off when I get this continuous draw. I have switched to a high amp battery switch (to isolate battery) and a 80 amp ANL fuse in series.

That happens a lot with cheap Chinese breakers.

I use a high quality USA made breaker and I've never had a problem. You get what you pay for, and with breakers, don't scrimp, it's dangerous. If they have what you need in stock, here is where I got mine.

Two additional things.
Pot something in the field under the on u are setting and press set on that one. Will change one above

You should clean and check your busbar connections, that's the most likely problem.
I found the same issue on mine. One of the bus bar was loose and was causing high volt variance among 2 cells. After tightening it and cycling once fixed it.

Back