diy solar

diy solar

Unbelievably cheap LiFePO4 batteries from Australia on eBay

I only ever observed that behaviour on a hot day, where it was between 35 and 38 degrees in the shed where the batteries are. But that's not yet 100% proven, I'm still monitoring it. The temperature was never higher than 38 though, and that should be within the operation specs.

From what I've heard from others on the channel and from what I've seen myself, the BMS doesn't like to be charged even close to 20A, 10A would be recommended. In my system I can't guarantee that I stay under 20A, which is another reason to double the amount of batteries I have.

I recently had bought Mobi batteries from EBAY but I had to return them. The seller was good in trying to work with me and accepted the return no worries, but we were not able to get more than 25% of the advertised Ah out of them.

I have now ordered two ATEM 125Ah from EBAY, can’t wait to get them.
were your Mobi 12 V 200 Ah LiFePO4 batteries? mine are 15 kg and I suspect that they will not have 200 Ah capacity: if best is 160 Ah/kg (wiki) then If whole battery was LiFePO4 cells then I could get at most 190 Ah... so I'm suspicious...

Back