diy solar

diy solar

Unbelievably cheap LiFePO4 batteries from Australia on eBay

Glow

Is there anyone here from Australia? Anyone ever heard of these batteries or seen them on eBay? Is this a scam? Some sort of promotion?
If you can tell me anything about them, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

At that price buy one and find out if it is scam ?
Looks to good to be true, and free shipping ?
For $19 i am tempted to see if what happens when i buy it.

Last edited:
Looks too good to be true to me as well. The problem is, they have such a long delivery window that I might not know for almost 2 months if I make a purchase to find out.

Looks too good to be true to me as well. The problem is, they have such a long delivery window that I might not know for almost 2 months if I make a purchase to find out.
Estimated between Wed. Jul. 15 and Wed. Jul. 22
Not that long.
Clearly it is a mistake that they probably won't honor.

Update: tried to buy, eBay says it's unavailable, so it's moot, but the ad I get says: Thu. Jul. 16 and Mon. Aug. 31. Tried contacting the seller to find out if it was an error, but got no reply.

$19, was it really even necessary to try? It's obviously going to be an error or a scam. It'd cost $10 just to ship it around the country.

Seller has other batteries listed for same sort of prices so it's not an error, it's a scam.

I suspected, but I never assume, always investigate. It's possible that some new company was putting these out as a sort of beta test or something like that.

This is a very good price, anyone have any experience with VoltaX 12V 100Ah Lithium Ion Battery LiFePO4 Deep Cycle
Same battery the OP posted.

I am no expert, but I want to buy two (series 24v)! 3 years warranty.
For we in Australia this price is unbelievable good.

Would I be doing the right? I did notice they are 15kg's heaver than the "200Ah Ampere Time" I nearly jumped in to a few months ago but didn't have the funds..

Last edited:
Is there anyone here from Australia? Anyone ever heard of these batteries or seen them on eBay? Is this a scam? Some sort of promotion?
If you can tell me anything about them, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

EBay has lots of scam listings like a Nvidia 2080Ti for 1/10th the price. I don't know what's in it for the scammer as eBay / paypal will reverse the sale nearly immediately.

No not ebay, which to me makes a difference.

I will let you know how good they are as I just bought the 3.5kva Genie.

They also have this 200 Ah which is more expensive, I wonder what difference is....

It appears nothing, apart from the very basic LCD and the colour of the stickers on the side. Once my 12V victron inverter turns up I'll guinea pig one of the 200A green ones powering my desktop PC. See if it truly has the 200Ah capacity. If not I'll take advantage of their 60 day money back guarantee. I'd rather be out a small amount to ship it back, than be stuck with a battery that has a 200Ah sticker, and only provides 2/3 of that. If these do live up to their rated capacity, I'll be buying 3 more and using them to run my 48V 3kW Victron setup, replacing 8 100Ah SLA's which were used for initial testing.

edit: 200Ah, not 200A ;)

Last edited:
So my local battery store's cheapest equivalent is just over a grand. There doesn't seem to be a great deal of info on the web about these so I called them up and asked the obvious:

Q: Why are these batteries so cheap?
A: We are buying them in bulk, selling well below the RRP and are counting on quantity of sales rather than high margins.

Q: How many have you sold?
A: Just over 200 this week

Q: Are the cells recycled/refurbished?
A: No, the batteries are completely new from the factory.

Q: What's your return policy?
A: If you have any problems at all just give us a call or email and we'll sort it out.
(I'm well aware of what their site says, 60 days money back etc etc)

I was happy enough with what the other human had to say, and he seemed genuine enough. Thus I've gone and ordered one and will report back with my findings when it arrives.

I will in the meantime check out ecoambitionsaustralia on youtube. Hes so happy with the 2 he bought hes doubling his capacity with two more!

i have a few things to pay off on afterpay then ill get the 200aH green one :)

i did however just order an ir thermometer to check interconnects.

Last edited:
Back