diy solar

diy solar

Unboxing of 16 EVE LF230 AND 34 LK280k Cells from Amy Zheng

MrM1

I'm Here, But I'm Not All There
This is a simple Unboxing and First Impressions of "EVE" 230Ah batteries I received from Doncan Technology (Shenzhen) Co seller @Amy Zheng. Purchased from their TX warehouse shipped to FL.

I do not pretend to be as informed and knowledgeable about LFP batteries and their purchase as many people on this forum. I first learned of these sellers Here in this thread. I ordered these cells by contacting Amy Zheng directly on Facebook Messenger. After a little discussion, and being very through about my specifications I placed the Order Saturday Sept 25, 2021. The cells were ship from their Texas location. I got tracking numbers the following Tuesday and received the cells today, Thursday Sept 30, 2021. Turn around time was supper fast.

First the communication before and after the sale has been excellent. Amy was very responsive to all my concerns and questions.
- Shipping / packaging was almost perfect. The only thing I might have wished for was protected corner ends for the boxes.​
- But they were packed so well in the boxes, it really did not matter.​
- Only 1 box had very slight shipping damage that did not penetrate the inner foam.​

These were sold as new Grade A cells and From all indications these are new and look cosmetically to be Grade A cells. I will start Top Balancing and testing in a few days.
1. They all look in perfect mint condition. No Dents, Scratches, etc. Shrink was nicely applied.​
2. The voltages test out at 3.293 - 3.292 for all cells​
3. I did weigh them and they weigh between 4134g - 4205g (but I am not sure what weight would tell me)​
4. Each cell is labeled with a white label. Each says the same thing: 230Ah / 3.29v / IR 0.23m​
5. QR codes are in tact and can be read​
6. Studs are all clean, never connected and look good​
7. Hardware is adequate.​
8. And while there is no indication they are actually EVE cells, The cells DO match the mm size spec that I found on a spec sheet for actual EVE 230Ah Cells. (but I did not receive cell instructions, spec sheets or test data)​

Yet there are a few things I do not understand, so maybe someone here can shed some light on these things.

All the batteries Look Brand New, but have 3 concerns (and I am not sure they are that big a deal).
1. There is nothing on the cells or in / on the boxes that indicate they are actually EVE 230Ah cells. The box simply says "E230"​
- cells are supposed to be EVE 230 cells​
- There is some label the size of a shipping label that was cut off the side of each box (see pic below)​
2. I had asked for data and testing sheets.​
- there are no data sheets included​
- there are not spec sheets included​
3. There is some very slight swelling, some worse than others, so that cells do not fit exactly tight together. But nothing is the bad. See pics​
Over all I am very happy with the speed and shipping and the look of the cells. Just wish they indicated they were the EVE 230 cells I ordered.​
Here is the readings from the cells. Almost perfect Voltage. And their weights. But I do not know what they are supposed to weigh or if those weights ranges are acceptable.​

New LFP 230ah cells.JPG0930212110.jpg

Here are the pics of the Packaging. EXCELLENT ... But What was the label that was cut off. I assume it was the shipping info from China to their warehouse

0930212038.jpg0930212040.jpg
0930212041.jpg0930212042.jpg
0930212105.jpg0930212058.jpg

Last edited:
I got the same cells, are you sure the "swelling" isn't the cylindrical shape down one side that pushes out slightly? use a straight edge and note if it is the same on each of them.

I have an IR tester and they are all 20-25 so far, which is fine.

They all measured the same on voltage so I did a diagonal charge at max using AIMS, and they shifted from 3.7 to 3.39 without using a BMS (yes, I monitored them and did this on purpose to see) They all top balanced to 3.65 shortly in parallel afterwards so the deviation is very small but still underlining the point to use a BMS.

After charging there was no noticeable swelling, letting them settle then doing discharge tonight.

1. There is nothing on the cells or in / on the boxes that indicate they are actually EVE 230Ah cells. The box simply says "E230"
- There is some label the size of a shipping label that was cut off the side of each box (see pic below)​
3. There is some very slight swelling, some worse than others, so that cells do not fit exactly tight together. But nothing is the bad. See pics​
As for point 1,
-I believe that the qr code can be read and demonstrates the model of the cell? I may be wrong about this, but it was the case with the larger EVE 280ah cells that I obtained.
-The missing/covered shipping label seems to be an artifact from them having reused the boxes or that they themselves took receipt of the cells in the same packaging in which they were sent to you. On some of the boxes that I received from them, I noticed the same thing, and upon looking closely, it appears to have been a shipping label which was addressed to that warehouse.

As for point 3
- I'm not an expert, and I certainly can't speak for anyone else here, but.... I've also received some cells which are not perfectly flat; some cells demonstrate a very slight irregularity like you show in your pictures. Perhaps 1/16"-1/8" of gap.
I usually place 2 cells face to face so that I can see the gap, then I grab the cells at opposite corners and squish them together with my fingers. If they flatten out and the gap disappears with just that slight squeeze from my fingers, I feel like it's close enough for me. Once they're built into a pack, I don't think they'll change shape again (and I use flexible busbars/wiring just in case anyway)

- I'm not an expert...
Nor am I. Thank for the response.

I will say, @Amy Zheng has been following up with me and she has helped me confirm the vendor from the QR code. I have been very impressed with her responsiveness. As was noted in the other thread about Doncan Tech, I hope they stay this way and keep this business model.

Well enough about "Unboxing", I got all the cells top balanced 2 days ago and built into two 24v packs. So far performing flawlessly.
More on the Build Here

Thx again @Amy Zheng. Hoping my next bigger project that we have discussed gets underway soon.

I received 16 of the same cells last week and concur with all your observations. I had intended to do an unboxing and first impressions post but can't add anything you haven't already covered. I will definitely purchase cells from Amy again!

I received 16 of the same cells last week and concur with all your observations. I had intended to do an unboxing and first impressions post but can't add anything you haven't already covered. I will definitely purchase cells from Amy again!
I'm Already Pricing out 32 more from @Amy Zheng

I just received my 16 280ah EVEs cells in 6 days
They all came at 3.296 volts and look good!!
Thanks Amy Zheng

This is a simple Unboxing and First Impressions of "EVE" 230Ah batteries I received from Doncan Technology (Shenzhen) Co seller @Amy Zheng. Purchased from their TX warehouse shipped to FL.

I do not pretend to be as informed and knowledgeable about LFP batteries and their purchase as many people on this forum. I first learned of these sellers Here in this thread. I ordered these cells by contacting Amy Zheng directly on Facebook Messenger. After a little discussion, and being very through about my specifications I placed the Order Saturday Sept 25, 2021. The cells were ship from their Texas location. I got tracking numbers the following Tuesday and received the cells today, Thursday Sept 30, 2021. Turn around time was supper fast.

First the communication before and after the sale has been excellent. Amy was very responsive to all my concerns and questions.
- Shipping / packaging was almost perfect. The only thing I might have wished for was protected corner ends for the boxes.​
- But they were packed so well in the boxes, it really did not matter.​
- Only 1 box had very slight shipping damage that did not penetrate the inner foam.​

These were sold as new Grade A cells and From all indications these are new and look cosmetically to be Grade A cells. I will start Top Balancing and testing in a few days.
1. They all look in perfect mint condition. No Dents, Scratches, etc. Shrink was nicely applied.​
2. The voltages test out at 3.293 - 3.292 for all cells​
3. I did weigh them and they weigh between 4134g - 4205g (but I am not sure what weight would tell me)​
4. Each cell is labeled with a white label. Each says the same thing: 230Ah / 3.29v / IR 0.23m​
5. QR codes are in tact and can be read​
6. Studs are all clean, never connected and look good​
7. Hardware is adequate.​
8. And while there is no indication they are actually EVE cells, The cells DO match the mm size spec that I found on a spec sheet for actual EVE 230Ah Cells. (but I did not receive cell instructions, spec sheets or test data)​

Yet there are a few things I do not understand, so maybe someone here can shed some light on these things.

All the batteries Look Brand New, but have 3 concerns (and I am not sure they are that big a deal).
1. There is nothing on the cells or in / on the boxes that indicate they are actually EVE 230Ah cells. The box simply says "E230"​
Over all I am very happy with the speed and shipping and the look of the cells. Just wish they indicated they were the EVE 230 cells I ordered.​
Here is the readings from the cells. Almost perfect Voltage. And their weights. But I do not know what they are supposed to weigh or if those weights ranges are acceptable.​

Here are the pics of the Packaging. EXCELLENT ... But What was the label that was cut off. I assume it was the shipping info from China to their warehouse

View attachment 67041View attachment 67042
View attachment 67043View attachment 67044
View attachment 67045View attachment 67046
Hi do you have a link to these cells

PM Amy Zheng or reach out to her on Facebook messenger. That is how business is being done. You pay with Paypal Goods and Services NOT Friends and Family. That way you have 180 days of protection.

I have not. I might if I get a bored, but as of now they're doing what I expected. I just ran a large 2000w load thru them and they didn't blink.

I had 600w on them from 10pm til 5am and they were where I thought they'd be in Ah.

I top balanced Monday and all cells are holding perfectly.

Configured as two 8s packs in parallel

Cells 1-8
Capture+_2021-10-07-19-50-15.png

Cells 9-16
Capture+_2021-10-07-19-49-55.png

Last edited:
I have not. I might if I get a bored, but as of now they're doing what I expected. I just ran a large 2000w load thru them and they didn't blink.

I had 600w on them from 10pm til 5am and they were where I thought they'd be in Ah.

I top balanced Monday and all cells are holding perfectly.

Configured as two 8s packs in parallel

Cells 1-8
View attachment 67947

Cells 9-16
View attachment 67948
I see that you are using the JBD 8S 100A BMS. I was planning that also for an 8S2P bank. What size inverter / loads do you plan to drive, and are the BMSs performing ok? I ask because I'm planning to buy the same.

These are the 100amp bms units. I have 1 on each 8s string of batteries. When working together then will deliver 200amp (240 ish surge) x 24v system = 4800w

I had a Conext SW4024 inverter that is rated for 3400w continuous and 4000w surge 30 min / 7000w surge 5 sec. I've run 3100w through the system no problem. Amps on each bms was 64 amps each. No problems.

I just updated the thread title to reflect the 34 new cells I ordered from @Amy Zheng a few weeks ago so I will not have to do a second unboxing thread (not that I'd have to). Out TX warehouse order went great. Hoping for the same stellar experience from the China warehouse.

Arriving from China in a few months are 34 EVE LF280K cells for a full off grid (no grid available) homestead we are setting up. Ordered 34 "just in case", but the build will be of 32 cells 16s2p using a Growatt SPF 12k 250vdc All-in-One.

The cells were boxed up and photographed 2 days after order. Received a US FedEx tracing number Oct 19 and they were slated to hit the Hi Seas Oct 20. If they survive the voyage AND make it through the ports in LA, I will report back when we unbox them. Hopefully all will go well ... AND ... I will have 2 cells to sell (if anyone is interested)

Katies batteries 1.pngKaties batteries 2.png

Back