diy solar

diy solar

Unboxing of Deye 16K Hybrid Inverter

Tom Brennan, care to comment on Why Sol-Ark is marketing the unit as 15K when the UPS output is only 12KW ? I guess is just marketing ?
Just like Sol-Ark called the earlier model 12K when it's UPS output is only 8KW. While my current Deye 8K does output 8KW on UPS and it does Parallel unlike the crippled Sol-Ark 8K that can't Parallel.
This has been beaten like a dead horse. The name is for continuous PV input, not Inverter capability. Reading the manual shows this very plainly.

The 12k model is rated for 9kw continuously, not 8kw.

On another note, I was under the impression that Deye was not able to be sold in the US because of Sol-Ark. I might be wrong though; I don't know much about it. Is there any truth to this?

This has been beaten like a dead horse. The name is for continuous PV input, not Inverter capability. Reading the manual shows this very plainly.

On another note, I was under the impression that Deye was not able to be sold in the US because of Sol-Ark. I might be wrong though; I don't know much about it. Is there any truth to this?

It looks like this is the single-phase European model. Not split-phase.

How much difference in price is there between that Deye 16K + the autotransformer and the Sol-Ark 15k?

View attachment 121029

Tom Brennan, care to comment on Why Sol-Ark is marketing the unit as 15K when the UPS output is only 12KW ? I guess is just marketing ?
Just like Sol-Ark called the earlier model 12K when it's UPS output is only 8KW. While my current Deye 8K does output 8KW on UPS and it does Parallel unlike the crippled Sol-Ark 8K that can't Parallel.

200A on Sol-Ark is pass through if you are connected to grid.

Where are these inverters for sale? And are they UL listed?
in the us ,?
when sol-ark desides to start selling them.
deye is sunsynk is sol-ark, abeid sol-ark puts a huge margin on top of them, and have the exclusive rights to sell the split phse and all american sales.

He bought a 230V model.
I don’t think that falls under the agreement.
Just the split phase models.

Just chalk it up to another Sol-Ark bashing thread.
The picture of the CEO and associated comments is a dead giveaway he has an axe to grind.

Last edited:
Hi,

My question was address to Sol-Ark. I find their marketing message deceptive. If someone is in the market for a 15KW capable Hybrid Inverter and have completed an assessment of energy requirements. Purchased the 15K for about 9 grand (plus TAX), thinking it meet their requirement only to run into a F43 error, because they have not read the fine print in the documents ?

Based on Lt. Dan's logic, the Sol-Ark 15K are rated at 19,500W Max allowed continuous PV Power, maybe the inverter should be named 19.5K ?

The Deye and SunSynk 16K are rated at 16KW for On-Grid AC and Off-Grid UPS (Battery) period.
If someone spends $9k plus tax, (which they are not), i would assume they are doing their research and would understand how the product performs and if it even meets their needs??

The 15k is capable of 19.5k of connected PV, but can only supply 15kW to battery and loads, which it literally says in the spec sheet posted above. So yes, it's still a 15k. No false advertising here.

I'm glad you are happy with your Deye.

Back