diy solar

diy solar

Unboxing of Deye 16K Hybrid Inverter

I guess to each his own, as I'm running off-grid mostly the Deye 16K does provide Critical LOAD of 16KW running Off-Grid while the Sol-Ark 15K provides 12KW.

That's all that I'm saying, I started this post to document my installation of the new 16K Inverter. I'm no intention nor desire to start a bashing thread.

Have a Happy Thanks Giving to all fellow Solar DIYer ?
Could you at least tell us which vendor you got it from? or PM me if you don't feel like making it public.

Hi,

My question was address to Sol-Ark. I find their marketing message deceptive. If someone is in the market for a 15KW capable Hybrid Inverter and have completed an assessment of energy requirements. Purchased the 15K for about 9 grand (plus TAX), thinking it meet their requirement only to run into a F43 error, because they have not read the fine print in the documents ?

Based on Lt. Dan's logic, the Sol-Ark 15K are rated at 19,500W Max allowed continuous PV Power, maybe the inverter should be named 19.5K ?

The Deye and SunSynk 16K are rated at 16KW for On-Grid AC and Off-Grid UPS (Battery) period.
I didn’t pay $9k for mine. Best inverter out there IMO. We run a 4400 sq ft home with a pool on ours and hasn’t missed a beat yet. 50 ways to skin the cat but I didn’t have to run an auto transformer or other UL unlisted stuff. I don’t need an engineer to operate it either. My wife can manage any possible issues and I can sleep at night not worrying about it. Cheaper options you bet but nothing on the market has the number of features and does it better at this time. Finally, I can pass inspection and you can’t.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn’t pay $9k for mine. Best inverter out there IMO. We run a 4400 sq ft home with a pool on ours and hasn’t missed a beat yet. 50 ways to skin the cat but I didn’t have to run an auto transformer or other UL unlisted stuff. I don’t need an engineer to operate it either. My wife can manage any possible issues and I can sleep at night not worrying about it. Cheaper options you bet but nothing on the market has the number of features and does it better at this time. Finally, I can pass inspection and you can’t.
My original parallel Deye 8K are UL 1741 SA certified, passed inspection and permitted. The Sol-Ark are manufactured by Deye with custom UI and programming sequences. The firmware are developed by Deye, not Sol-Ark. I've worked with the Deye's software engineer in fixing ARC fault shutdown and configuration memory corruption after reboot issues in their firmware. So I do know a thing or two. Features and pretty identical.

Are you sure those cheap Chinese made Trophy batteries you've installed are UL listed and permitted for grid-tie installation.

Last edited:
He bought a 230V model.
I don’t think that falls under the agreement.
Just the split phase models.

Just chalk it up to another Sol-Ark bashing thread.
The picture of the CEO and associated comments is a dead giveaway he has an axe to grind.
What agreement, I don't recall making any with you ? My posting is about Single-Phase Deye 16. I've posted the specs of both the Sol-Ark 15K and the Deye 16, highlighted the differences.

Last edited:
If someone spends $9k plus tax, (which they are not), i would assume they are doing their research and would understand how the product performs and if it even meets their needs??

The 15k is capable of 19.5k of connected PV, but can only supply 15kW to battery and loads, which it literally says in the spec sheet posted above. So yes, it's still a 15k. No false advertising here.

I'm glad you are happy with your Deye.
Likewise, glad you love your Sol-Ark 15K ?

Last edited:
What agreement, I don't recall making any with you ? My posting is about Single-Phase Deye 16. I've posted the specs of both the Sol-Ark 15K and the Deye 16, highlighted the differences.
Shows how much you know about the subject you object to so much.
You just earned yourself a mute.
Don’t have time to waste on WOOs
Keep grinding that axe. It will keep you warm at night.

My original parallel Deye 8K are UL 1741 SA certified, passed inspection and permitted. The Sol-Ark are manufactured by Deye with custom UI and programming sequences. The firmware are developed by Deye, not Sol-Ark. I've worked with the Deye's software engineer in fixing ARC fault shutdown and configuration memory corruption after reboot issues in their firmware. So I do know a thing or two. Features and pretty identical.

Are you sure those cheap Chinese made Trophy batteries you've installed are UL listed and permitted for grid-tie installation.
Once you install an auto transformer your out for inspection purposes. But you obviously do not know much about this subject. Glad your happy with your inverter. We are happy with our decision. However you come on here and start bashing a product you have no experience with and you completely mistate facts to make it appear you have the system of the century. Just to clear that up. now anyone who paid $9k for the Sol Ark please raise your hands......NOTHING. The fact is I paid about $1k more than you and I have a product with outstanding support located in the USA. I have features that you could only dream about. So that alone is a bargain for me. I can guarantee that had I purchased the Deye I would still be trying to get it installed. Sol Ark was there every day we had questions and they were essential to getting it up and running first time. So in the future it would probably be a better approach to post your system with out bashing on others. JMO.

I got a great deal not only that I got a great inverter that works and doesn’t require a doctorate degree to install and operate

Sol-Ark-15K_1.png

Sol-Ark-15K_2.png

Sol-Ark-15K_3.png

Screen capture from everyone's fav YouTuber ?

1. CA Sales Tax average 10.5% + $8,250 (MSRP) = $ 9,116.25 This are grade 1 math, not Differential Equations.

2. Split-phase Sol-Ark 15 UL 1741 SA Listed, Backup Critical Load -> 12KW, Grid Sell -> 15KW, Avg MSRP $8,250
Single-phase Deye 16, Non UL Listed, Backup Critical Load -> 16KW, Grid Sell -> 16KW, Avg MSRP $2,900

3. Noted differences, the 15K have an extra 200A circuit breaker for the LOAD an overkill given it's rated at 12KW (12,000W/240V=50A), Hey Tom, care to share your Electrical Engineering design logic to place circuit breaker 4 times of the load, what are the probabilities of the LOAD breaker tripping ? Thanks. ?

1669504751228.png

1669504770409.png

Last edited:
Look man we all know you think that thing is better than a good woman. We like our women and you like your Deye. We aren’t going to divorce our women no matter how many pretty pictures you post.

Dear lord will you do any research? It has a 200a breaker because it supports 200a of bypass current from the grid. Something the Deye could only dream of doing.

One more comment then I’m through. Even at $8250 that would be $5775 out of pocket with the FTC. And you seems you always fail to mention the auto transformer. Add another $1000 to your total. I’m not even sure you can take the FTC on non UL equipment.

Back