diy solar

diy solar

Unboxing of 16 EVE LF230 AND 34 LK280k Cells from Amy Zheng

My second order of 34 cells arrived Monday. Shipping time was even faster than @Amy Zheng exected.

My last order was was for 16 cells from their TX warehouse which arrived in 5 days. This order of 34 EVE LF280K cells was coming from China. Paid October 9, arrived in N central FL December 6.

I took possession of the cells today. The boxes were in perfect condition. Packed completely in 1.5"s of firm molded foam, 2 cells to a box. I have not opened every box but the few cells I did look at at in perfect pristine condition. I have every reason to believe that all of the cells will be in that same state.

I hope to start testing early next week but have every expectation that everything is as it should be. And the price was extremely reasonable. better than expected.

Thanks again @Amy Zheng for another flawless transaction.

This is a simple Unboxing and First Impressions of "EVE" 230Ah batteries I received from Doncan Technology (Shenzhen) Co seller @Amy Zheng. Purchased from their TX warehouse shipped to FL.

I do not pretend to be as informed and knowledgeable about LFP batteries and their purchase as many people on this forum. I first learned of these sellers Here in this thread. I ordered these cells by contacting Amy Zheng directly on Facebook Messenger. After a little discussion, and being very through about my specifications I placed the Order Saturday Sept 25, 2021. The cells were ship from their Texas location. I got tracking numbers the following Tuesday and received the cells today, Thursday Sept 30, 2021. Turn around time was supper fast.

First the communication before and after the sale has been excellent. Amy was very responsive to all my concerns and questions.
- Shipping / packaging was almost perfect. The only thing I might have wished for was protected corner ends for the boxes.​
- But they were packed so well in the boxes, it really did not matter.​
- Only 1 box had very slight shipping damage that did not penetrate the inner foam.​

These were sold as new Grade A cells and From all indications these are new and look cosmetically to be Grade A cells. I will start Top Balancing and testing in a few days.
1. They all look in perfect mint condition. No Dents, Scratches, etc. Shrink was nicely applied.​
2. The voltages test out at 3.293 - 3.292 for all cells​
3. I did weigh them and they weigh between 4134g - 4205g (but I am not sure what weight would tell me)​
4. Each cell is labeled with a white label. Each says the same thing: 230Ah / 3.29v / IR 0.23m​
5. QR codes are in tact and can be read​
6. Studs are all clean, never connected and look good​
7. Hardware is adequate.​
8. And while there is no indication they are actually EVE cells, The cells DO match the mm size spec that I found on a spec sheet for actual EVE 230Ah Cells. (but I did not receive cell instructions, spec sheets or test data)​

Yet there are a few things I do not understand, so maybe someone here can shed some light on these things.

All the batteries Look Brand New, but have 3 concerns (and I am not sure they are that big a deal).
1. There is nothing on the cells or in / on the boxes that indicate they are actually EVE 230Ah cells. The box simply says "E230"​
- cells are supposed to be EVE 230 cells​
- There is some label the size of a shipping label that was cut off the side of each box (see pic below)​
2. I had asked for data and testing sheets.​
- there are no data sheets included​
- there are not spec sheets included​
3. There is some very slight swelling, some worse than others, so that cells do not fit exactly tight together. But nothing is the bad. See pics​
Over all I am very happy with the speed and shipping and the look of the cells. Just wish they indicated they were the EVE 230 cells I ordered.​
Here is the readings from the cells. Almost perfect Voltage. And their weights. But I do not know what they are supposed to weigh or if those weights ranges are acceptable.​

Here are the pics of the Packaging. EXCELLENT ... But What was the label that was cut off. I assume it was the shipping info from China to their warehouse

View attachment 67041View attachment 67042
View attachment 67043View attachment 67044
View attachment 67045View attachment 67046
I wonder whether you can help me. I have seen EVE LF230Ah Cells advertise with Adaptors. What are they? I saw some others advertising without Adaptors. Appreciate if you could advise me.

I have yet to open up or do anything with the 34 LF280K cells we got back in early Dec. Holidays, hectic times, sickness and a break in have delayed the off grid farm install. We hope to have the pole barn up in about 2 months and started the install after the that.

So by the time the batteries go into service they will have been sitting boxed up here for about 3 months.

I plan to take them out, top balance them all, then discharge back to 3.2v for storage.

Is there any harm in this plan?

What's the purpose of the compression frame? Is there some documentation about how to build a 16s2p battery?
Compression is suggested in the documentation for some EVE cells. How much and how it is deployed for the DIYer have been the subject of hot debate on the forum the past 6 months or so (prior to that it seemed compression was all the rage). It seems debatable if they are necessary. At present the general consensus scale seems to tip towards not. But they are useful to make a group of cells movable and would help in a mobile situation.

Building a 4s, 8s or 16s battery along with many other helpful guides can be found in the forums resources section.

Adaptors, can you show the advertise picture? My customer just purchased battery cell from our company, I don't think that come with adaptors; Or do you mean the busbar and bolts?
@jeremyF might be referring to the welded studs (f.ex "terminal adapter")? If you talk to EVE company directly, they weld what they refer to as "adapters", they look like this though:
1642348999427.png
Can you guys (Docan / @Amy Zheng ) supply LF280 (6000 cycle new version) with these adapters instead of the welded studs? They look much better for contact with busbars!

EDIT: There used to be a reply from Docan in this thread, before vendors were banned from the forum. The answer was no, they cannot provide cells with this type of terminal. (in case anyone wondered)

Last edited:
Back