diy solar

diy solar

Unique Portable Solar Power Idea?

Its gotta be pre ‘40’s as there is no main, no “cutoff switch” only one 30 amp screw in fuse in a very antique box. All cotton covered wire and PG&E has installed a warning plaque “Warning Meter readers DO NOT TOUCH SERVICE” read from 3 feet,

If i touch it I need a permit, I have to pay $5.00/month for utility access and use it at a minimum to maintain that service so I do use maybe $10. / per month

I do not have a “smart meter” as the ones used locally do not read 120 volt service. I have never seen a meter reader so I think they “guess” at my usage and bill me at a minimum amount rather than fuss with it.

I do have “grid service” so I am legal for housing.

Personally I do not need a 5 bedroom house with every gismo known to mankind.....Im perfectly happy with my 832 sq.ft. “summer cabin” I have all the nessecary modern amenities, propane gas stove and water heater. Internet access is via a “wi-fi” link with a 24 dbi gain parabola dish using netgear routers with the original software blown out and ddwrt installed as “repeater/bridge” over a 24 mile link to public wi-fi access, no phone lines of cable out here, ATT wireless phone access.
Reminds me of old place I bought and the toilet starting leaking. Stripped so couldnt get it to stop. Then omg I learned there was no cutoff.

Had to turn off at street which requires a special tool and only the water company is allowed to touch. It was bite me, an adjustable did the trick. (Note: bought one of those tools afterwards)

Or when excavator knocked over my temp pole and power company told me via phone illegal to touch it.

Worlds flipped its wig.

Reminds me of old place I bought and the toilet starting leaking. Stripped so couldnt get it to stop. Then omg I learned there was no cutoff.

Had to turn off at street which requires a special tool and only the water company is allowed to touch. It was bite me, an adjustable did the trick. (Note: bought one of those tools afterwards)

Or when excavator knocked over my temp pole and power company told me via phone illegal to touch it.

Worlds flipped its wig.
Yep, government is outta control, regulate you to death. My local beeatch inspector used to sneek past a locked gate to see if I was remodeling. Fixed her real good, rigged up an inspector repelent. A passive infrared motion sensor which triggered pre programmed chips in small t.v. remote speakers, that one over there was the sound of a Colt .45 firing and the other one just behind you was the sound of a slug ricocheting off the steel barrel placed there. Crawled outta there and hasn't been seen in the neighborhood since.....

Neighbors and myself got to see the show, it was a good laugh.

20 years ago a girlfriend's home needed plumbing work done, no mains shut off. No cutting water to rest of street at water main. Plumber used a pipe freeze kit to cut the supply.

Back