diy solar

diy solar

Univix Inverter/Charger

Jim in NH

I recently met the owner of a small Solar Generator company in New Hampshire. Chris from www.univix.com.

He has 3 Inverter/chargers contract manufactured to his specifications in China by the same MFG that makes some of the big brand names (that must remain nameless). I am very impressed with him and his product after visiting his facility and seeing everything in operation.

I am discussing with him making his Inverters available to the DIY community, as he only currently sells them as part of his solar generators. His DIY price point for the 24v 6000 watt unit Inverter/charger is very competitive given its capacity and mfg spec (has a transformer to handle big surges). He also has a remote monitoring panel that can be connected via cat5/6 ethernet which is real slick.

I think it would be great if I could get @willprowse to review this unit and put it through its paces. I think it would be great for the US DIY community to have another quality US based sales/support supplier of quality products.

Is there a way to reach Will directly?

Best,

Jim

Attachments

• UVX_InverterSpecs_8.5x11_ja.pdf
    824.1 KB · Views: 19
You can notify anyone by simply using their screen name in a post. If I say @Jim in NH, you will get a message that I mentioned you in a post.

If you want to do a private message with him click on the little envelope icon above 1613244019979.png.

However, I suspect Will gets a flood of messages so there is no way he can respond to all of them.

I’d like to know if anyone here has any experience with Univix batteries/solar generator.

I also recently met with Chris. He seems very knowledgeable but the "carbon battery" technology can't be as good as he claims. I would love for someone with more experience to check out this product and manufacturer.

Hello all! I stumbled across this thread today. I work at Univix, so I definitely won't add my opinion about the batteries, or inverters. I know that I am too biased! However, I wanted to ask you all if there is anyone you would like to see review the battery? We haven't done much with online reviews of our product, but as a growing company, I'd like to reach out to some popular reviewers and see what they think! Is there anyone you guys recommend? If one of your recommendations ends up reviewing the product I can definitely link it to this thread. Otherwise the only person to have reviewed Univix product that I know of is by The Energy Geek. He is a local reviewer that came and visited our manufacturing facility in New Hampshire. His video is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7uwjmPYehc

Hello all! I stumbled across this thread today. I work at Univix, so I definitely won't add my opinion about the batteries, or inverters. I know that I am too biased! However, I wanted to ask you all if there is anyone you would like to see review the battery? We haven't done much with online reviews of our product, but as a growing company, I'd like to reach out to some popular reviewers and see what they think! Is there anyone you guys recommend? If one of your recommendations ends up reviewing the product I can definitely link it to this thread. Otherwise the only person to have reviewed Univix product that I know of is by The Energy Geek. He is a local reviewer that came and visited our manufacturing facility in New Hampshire. His video is here:
@Will Prowse created this forum and is one of the largest DIY solar YouTubers out there. He would be a great person to review it....

@Will Prowse created this forum and is one of the largest DIY solar YouTubers out there. He would be a great person to review it....
So I noticed! I figured he would be a hard person to get ahold of. Worth a shot! @Will Prowse If you happen to read this then we would be interested in working with you on a review! Please reach out to me. Otherwise, if anyone knows a good way to contact him let me know!

So I noticed! I figured he would be a hard person to get ahold of. Worth a shot! @Will Prowse If you happen to read this then we would be interested in working with you on a review! Please reach out to me. Otherwise, if anyone knows a good way to contact him let me know!
Be sure you have a good product! @Will Prowse has built his audience by being brutally honest in his reviews. If the product is not competitive or has problems, he will tell his audience.... and that is why we trust him.

We welcome the truth. I would be very curious to see what he thinks. In the past few months, I've watched some of his content, I definitely like his style! I look forward to working with him, if given the opportunity.

Also, while I'm here, the thread creator @Jim in NH attached a spec sheet for Univix inverters. I've attached the latest spec sheet, that one is outdated! Chris re-engineered the inverters, adding some cool features like remote monitoring and generator auto start as well.

And of course, if anyone else is in this form and does product reviews, please feel free to reach out! We would love to work with you. Especially local NH, (or neighboring states) residents!

Attachments

• UVX_Inverter4-8k_SpecSheet.pdf
    4.5 MB · Views: 7
@benmilner
I am 30 minutes away from you. I would be happy to run a Univix unit in place of my Growatt for 30 days are report back to this thread. I am currently running 4 of your 12v AGM batteries in my system as well.

Any updates on this?

I live in New Hampshire and this is interesting to me to have a (somewhat) local company in this field.

Last edited:
Back