diy solar

diy solar

*UNLISTED* Fault / Code / Error 90 Mppsolar lv6548 splitphase w Sungoldpower SP6548

and, to stay a bit constructive..

what you try do is upgrade both inverter's firmware and frontpanel's firmware to the same .
ian has released firmware, so i suppose you could ask your seller for it.
take a chance on the sp accepting the mpp firmware

what i understand ...

you wanted a second inverter
you weren't patient, and bought a similar inverter with different specs
you expected them to work together, which they didnt.

now you're pissed at the manufactorer of your first inverter, blaming them for incompatibility with a clone

that sums it up a bit ?

you took a chance, it didnt work out, talk to yourself and next time control you patients
well you are getting there....let me help you out some more. Sungoldpower makes sp6548 (recently had the mfg modify their model to handle pv input 399v (I think they couldn't go to 500v because of the exclusive deal with signature solar) signature solar makes 6.5kW Off-Grid - EG4 6500EX-48 Inverter (upgraded pv 500v) and MPP Solar makes lv6548. All 3 are distributors of this product. if you call the Sungold version a clone you need to call the signature solar a clone also! (neither are clones) MPP Solar warns you about clones of this device (which there are many) but fails to mention that there are other legit distributors out there ! Mpp solar does not have exclusive rights to the inverter! The mppsolar version has the fault90 code (must have had the mfg modify the unit just as sungold and signature solar had the pv input upgraded). The MPP solar version is the only one with this disabling feature

Technically they are all clones of the Voltronic MAX inverter. So yes the EG4 is a clone.

well you are getting there....let me help you out some more. Sungoldpower makes sp6548 (recently had the mfg modify their model to handle pv input 399v (I think they couldn't go to 500v because of the exclusive deal with signature solar) signature solar makes 6.5kW Off-Grid - EG4 6500EX-48 Inverter (upgraded pv 500v) and MPP Solar makes lv6548. All 3 are distributors of this product. if you call the Sungold version a clone you need to call the signature solar a clone also! (neither are clones) MPP Solar warns you about clones of this device (which there are many) but fails to mention that there are other legit distributors out there ! Mpp solar does not have exclusive rights to the inverter! The mppsolar version has the fault90 code (must have had the mfg modify the unit just as sungold and signature solar had the pv input upgraded). The MPP solar version is the only one with this disabling feature
you've complete seemed to have missed the point im trying to make, ignored the post that may actually contain a solution for your issue, i'm done with you

Just about all the low-cost HF AIO inverters are copies of the same basic design, down to the same general placement of parts on the PCB.

India has gotten into the act of copying/cloning HF inverter designs.

Some are copying binary firmware dumps, then doing ASCII text search on the binaries and changing some text to avoid making it look too obvious the firmware is a direct cloned binary copy. These cloning companies have no ability to modify firmware functionality since they don't have the source code, although it is likely not too hard to get a copy of the source code out of China if you know the right people.

In India, it would not be too costly to contract a software house to disassemble the binaries into source code.

Most of these inverters use STM32 based processors. Up until recently the Chinese companies did not protect their firmware. There are several hardware things in STM32 processors that help prevent cloning of firmware, if implemented in code. Some of the security items involve the bootloader that is used to install the firmware code in flash memory.

Many of the original Chinese software routines were given to them in pieces by STM documentation for the purpose of promoting the use of STM processors.

Interesting thing is China has cloned their own versions of STM32 processor series. Only thing that a Chinese STM32 clone would have trouble getting around is royalty payments on ARM core processor but that is relatively cheap. One thing I learned in my 17 years working in and with China is there is no such thing as 'black and white' with playing by the rules. Cloning the actual security methods created by ST Micro would be copyright or actual patent violations so maybe the Chinese STM32 clones don't have the security features.

I've posted a fix in the resource section.

Back