diy solar

diy solar

Upgrade Goal Zero Yeti 1250 AGM to LiFePO4

looks great, is there any room left following your lfp upgrade?
The new battery was the same size as the old AGM battery, so no more or less space. I am trying to figure out how to mount a shunt on top of the LiFePO4 and I think it can be done but it will be very tight.

The new battery was the same size as the old AGM battery, so no more or less space. I am trying to figure out how to mount a shunt on top of the LiFePO4 and I think it can be done but it will be very tight.

looking forward to seeing your solution here. if you were to do it again would you have gone with @Bob142 280ah configuration?

looking forward to seeing your solution here. if you were to do it again would you have gone with @Bob142 280ah configuration?
I picked Dakota Lithium because it was the same dimensions as the AGM battery I was replacing. After looking at the EVE 280Ah LiFePO4 web site I think they are too large for the GZ cavity. Besides, I am not ready to build a battery from scratch yet. If I were to buy another replacement battery today my choice would be the new battery the AO Lithium LiFePO4 100Ah with built in Bluetooth. Will Prowse has a YouTube video on the battery and he gives it a good review.

I am trying to figure out how to mount a shunt on top of the LiFePO4 and I think it can be done but it will be very tight.
If you can't get the shunt to fit in the battery bay, maybe try wiring it up in the top compartment where you have your charger brick. Looks like you've already drilled an opening there.
After looking at the EVE 280Ah LiFePO4 web site I think they are too large for the GZ cavity
They actually fit great: https://diysolarforum.com/threads/eve-280ah-lfp-cells-in-a-goal-zero-yeti-1250.13600/

Back