diy solar

diy solar

Upgrade panels now 0w victron 100/20

saxon11

I’ve doubled my watts for 2 panels in series to 2x200. Using victron 100/20. Worked great with smaller panels. Here is what I’m seeing

503FB238-1D9D-4F56-885A-B9FAE3CD171F.png

And one the panels specs
AE5D56DC-7D21-45DB-B70A-F6DE33BB389F.jpeg

Poor connection in panel wiring.

Try disconnecting every thing from controller, connect battery first then panel.

If you have lithium battery with BMS it may have turned off the charge path. Lower the charge volts setting in the Victron unit, try 14.0 or 14.2.

Last edited:
Poor connection in panel wiring.

Try disconnecting every thing from controller, connect battery first then panel.

If you have lithium battery with BMS it may have turned off the charge path. Lower the charge volts setting in the Victron unit, try 14.0 or 14.2.
I just pulled apart everything, re-wired with fresh wires and connectors. No change

I'm not sure that is the type of fuse you want to be using, but obviously it did blow so there's something to be said for that. The fuse is on the output side of the solar charge controller, correct? If it was on the output side, your solar charge controller should not have seen any power when the PV panels weren't producing any watts (at night).

The 20 amp output of the solar charge controller requires a fuse better than 20 amps. We usually explain this as, "avoiding nuisance trips." 1.25 times the expected amperage is the recommendation.

Last edited:
If that fuses between controller and battery I suggest a upgrade to a more suitable fuse and holder.

Mike

What battery type? Is there any other over current protection in place ar the battery?

Back