diy solar

diy solar

Upgrading battery backup system for my pellet stove, unsuccessful so far with Ampere Time

Before sending the battery back I did try using a different inverter with the same charger hooked up at the same time to the battery and still had the same over voltage problem so I guess that narrowed it down to either the battery or the charger. As far as using disconnects for this setup would it work automatically? I need it to kick in as soon as there is a power outage to keep my pellet stove running as this is my main heat source for the house. I had a power outage a few days ago for a couple of hours while I was gone but luckily the old AGM battery held out for the 2 hour power outage but is definitely showing signs getting weaker. I guess now either spend $1600 for a Battleborn or Dakota 200ah 12v battery. Although I did email Dakota and asked them about my setup and even spelled out UPS ( uninterrupted power supply) and they responded that yes they do ship their batteries using UPS. I guess they thought I was asking if they use UPS as their shipping method. ?‍♂️
. I'd consider SOK batteries but they have a few bad reviews on this forum. For $1600 and I am probably 25% or slightly more to the cost of an automatic standby generator lol.

A possible workaround, hinted at in OP, is to put disconnects between the devices, so this particular inverter and charger combo can't have the interaction at all ... you just have to flip disconnects.
I guess there is some frequency issues going on. The charger is a high frequency and the inverter is a high frequency.

Lead batteries are smoothing out those ripples. While LFP are just having to little internal resistance to do that.
We will see if when the OP gets a different LFP manufacturer if that outcome changes.

If it would be me - I would have changed the charger to check. Chargers are cheap, you can order one from Amazon - try it - if solve the problem - you keep it. If not send it back. No risk in Money.

Back