diy solar

diy solar

US Shops for buying gried-tied inverters / panels

alxbbu

Hello,

I'm trying to build my own DIY system and I'm finding that the choice of vendors for inverters and panels is very limited. In particular inverters.

For grid-tied inverters the only option really seems to be signaturesolar.us which has a couple inverters in stock that are price right (Growatt 5kw @$700).
acosolar.com has good panel options but no grid-tied inverters :(. There is also renvu.com but their inverters start at $1250 for 5kw
Other shops that I've found have 5kw-6kw grid inverters for 2k+. There are also a bunch of suppliers that require quotes which generally means they are overpriced.

eBay is also very limited on options for inverters and signaturesolar seems the only compelling option there too.

Am I just not looking where I should be ? Can anyone suggest other shops that ship to WA State and display prices?
Also, are there any other distributors for Growatt other than signaturesolar ?

Thanks!

I used both Google and Bing in my searching on this, took a lot of time and reading as some web sites are hard to navigate, also used Ebay and Amazon for searching. I ended up using watts 24/7 to buy my hybrid inverter thru, but there are others. I'm fairly new to this as well but I sure can tell you that searching for the answers isn't easy using normal search engines. You tube can also be a great resource. I had ordered some panels but they were slow to ship and I stumbled on Wills video of the bifacial panels he just reviewed and ordered ten of those instead. :) My inverter is also reviewed on there as well.

CEDGreenTech sells grid-tie inverters. Yes, you do need to call for a quote. That initially turned me off, but I'm glad I did. I got my solar panels for $60 less than another vendor in my area was quoting. They have three offices in WA.

Ditto on CEDGreentech, just bought my stuff there. They are a real electrical supplier, like Schneider is for traditional electric supplies. My stuff was all in their warehouse, they just have to put the order together and schedule a shipping date.

Hello,
I'm trying to build my own DIY system and I'm finding that the choice of vendors for inverters and panels is very limited. In particular inverters.

Am I just not looking where I should be ? Can anyone suggest other shops that ship to WA State and display prices?
Also, are there any other distributors for Growatt other than signaturesolar ?

Thanks!
For Growatt inverters I have dealt with www.watts247.com and think highly of Ian, and his prices are fair, and he is available on the phone, in person, and knows his shit.

Back