diy solar

diy solar

USAA versus Costco auto and home insurance

Bluedog225

Texas
Good morning,

I’ve been a USAA customer for 29 years. And seen a lot of changes. I had 6 policies (including my Jeep). I’ve just cut it back to 3.

I’m seriously thinking of switching to Costco on the auto.

USAA customer service has become abysmal. Long hold times, multiple transfers, misapplied payments, etc. I’ve not filed a claim in a long time (ever?). My brother got a real run-around on a house (hail) claim. USAA blamed it on their third-party adjusters.

Anyway, USAA is not the same company it used to be. In the old days, it was like being in a club. The members were stand-up folks and the company was, well, less shady.

Does anyone have good experience with the Costco-related auto insurance? Or another company?

Many thanks.

Has anyone had to pay for a solar rider on their home owner policy ? I had coverage in 2011 that included my solar. Then in 2018 my insurer specifically targeted solar at renewal and excluded solar moving forward. I have a quote from that same outfit at $2 per $100 for my solar, subject to all the enormous deductibles in hurricane-risky Florida. What is anyone else paying for their solar riders ?

Good morning,

I’ve been a USAA customer for 29 years. And seen a lot of changes. I had 6 policies (including my Jeep). I’ve just cut it back to 3.

USAA customer service has become abysmal. Long hold times, multiple transfers, misapplied payments, etc. I’ve not filed a claim in a long time (ever?). My brother got a real run-around on a house (hail) claim. USAA blamed it on their third-party adjusters.

Anyway, USAA is not the same company it used to be. In the old days, it was like being in a club. The members were stand-up folks and the company was, well, less shady.

Does anyone have good experience with the Costco-related auto insurance? Or another company?

Many thanks.
I switched from usaa to geico last year. They were cheaper. I had a minor minor incident about 4 years ago after 35 years of claim free driving and usaa almost doubled my premiums.
I think you can get "run around" from any company tho.

Good morning,

Many thanks.

I have been with them for over 40 years. They pissed me off once so I switched, but came back not long after.

The reason they went from best to ok is because they expanded. It use to be just for military officers. Then they opened it up to NCOs, then all military, and so on.

Unfortunately, there are lot of fraudsters in the insurance industry have appeared nowadays. It is due to the carelessness and inattention of citizens. Therefore, you should analyze the contract in detail. I rented a new apartment in the city center three weeks ago. The first thing I did was contact Homeowners Insurance in Idaho. It allowed me to ensure my financial security. Now I can calmly concentrate on my work. Moreover, the managers of the company saved me from additional paperwork.Unfortunately, there are a lot of fraudsters in the insurance industry have appeared nowadays. It is due to the carelessness and inattention of citizens. Therefore, you should analyze the contract in detail. I rented a new apartment in the city centre three weeks ago. The first thing I did was contact Homeowners Insurance in Idaho. It allowed me to ensure my financial security. Now I can calmly concentrate on my work. Moreover, the managers of the company saved me from additional paperwork.

In the end my home owners outfit, quoted on solar coverage, agent cam out, took photos, and in the end the underwriters claim it can only be added at renewal and not mid term.

Insurance companies are not in business to lose money by paying out claims, they are in business to make money by collecting premium payments from their insureds.
To this end, Insurance companies will always find a way to weasel out of paying the customer's claim via deductions, exclusions and well-hidden conditions in the fine print in the insurance policy contract.
Always study the contract; never accept verbal statements, explanations or agreements when evaluating policy proposal.

Back