diy solar

diy solar

Use 2 MPPT SCC in parallel to charge into same battery bank.

thawatchai197

I'm new on MPPT SCC. Please suggest me. I bought two of I-panda Explorer-M series MPPT charge controller. I have 2 PV array (4 panel x330W per array). Each Array connect to its MPPT SCC and charge to same 24V battery bank(my battery is deep cycle Flood lead acid type). At the morning time, 2 charger show a same stage of charge . At lunch time, Battery is about 70%. The first charger is in Constant-Voltage stage (29.2V) but the second charger is Floating charge stage(27.6V). At about 3PM, the first and second charger come back to run on the same Constant-Volatge stage again. My question is Why? 2 SCC doesn't have a same stage of charge. Or do I need to have some equipment to connect between 2 SCC and battery bank to let them synchronous. I'm so sorry about my poor english.

I don't know anything about your solar charge controllers. I can tell you that my two Victron MPPT solar charge controllers play well together. They "network" through bluetooth and supposedly coordinate. I get good charging to my 560Ah LiFePO4 battery bank.

As a test, you could turn off one controller and see what the other one does.

Thank you very much HRTKD. I tested when I turn off the first controller(Constant-Voltage stage) then the other one was changed Floating stage to Constant-Voltage stage. Until I try to turn on first controller and it just a few minute , the second controller will change back to floating stage. Is it mean that the controller doesn't have a capability to connect in parallel?

Thank you very much HRTKD. I tested when I turn off the first controller(Constant-Voltage stage) then the other one was changed Floating stage to Constant-Voltage stage. Until I try to turn on first controller and it just a few minute , the second controller will change back to floating stage. Is it mean that the controller doesn't have a capability to connect in parallel?

It sounds like they aren't working well together. I haven't worked with lead acid batteries in a while. For the voltages you said the controllers are producing, it sounds like battery bank is getting charged. According to the chart in the link below, 25.66v is 100% state of charge.

Back