diy solar

diy solar

Use Single Hybrid MPP 110V semi-grid mode?

dre

I wasn't able to find in search, but I have 01- LV 2424, that was made for US 110VAC, I know it can be used paired with another for split phase power. My question is can I use just one of these, plug it into the house but turn off the back-feed mode and have the house take from the panels during the day and grid at night when the batteries die? Thanks

If I understand you correctly: Yes, you can use only one unit alone; or you can use two units paired (paralleled) or unpaired. If you do not have any 240 VAC loads you do not have to parallel them--one can be installed on each line of your service.

Yes, this LV2424 will work off-grid also.

I would set the battery low DC cut off voltage above the default 20.4 volts. If you let "the batteries die" this unit will not start up again. Program 19 is the cut-off voltage setting--you can select the voltage appropriate for your battery type and desired depth of discharge.

Reactions: dre
So it is going into my house, and I have a few 220 loads, AC, Oven, etc... but for the time being can I just plug load side into the house 110-120VAC so that at least some of those are powered by solar? Or do the grid-tie and loads have to be separate?

So it is going into my house, and I have a few 220 loads, AC, Oven, etc... but for the time being can I just plug load side into the house 110-120VAC so that at least some of those are powered by solar? Or do the grid-tie and loads have to be separate?
Yes you can connect the LV2424 output AC to your house panel.
I am sorry "do grid-tie and loads have to be separate" does not compute with me right now, it has been a long day.

Again for 240 volt loads you will need 2 LV2424 and their parallel kit.

No worries, let me try and explain better.

the input for the grid back-up into the device, is that or can that be the same is the 110VAC load ouput?

if so, does it matter that part of that circuit has half of a 220 appliance on it?

Back