diy solar

diy solar

Used hydraulic crimp set.

Just John

Solar Wizard
Hello, I have a used hydraulic crimping set. I've upgraded to a Temco crimp set that has 32 die sets. Still in excellent condition, and includes a spare set of O rings.

Here is where I purchased it:

$35 and priority mail shipping is included at that price.

Hello, I have a used hydraulic crimping set. I've upgraded to a Temco crimp set that has 32 die sets. Still in excellent condition, and includes a spare set of O rings.

Here is where I purchased it:

$35 and priority mail shipping is included at that price.
What are your thoughts on the TEMCo?
Is your crimping tool the TH0006?

At the moment TEMCo is not answering their phone. I am watching the "SOLD OUT" sign spreading across their site at an alarming rate.
It makes me wonder if another quality supplier is going away.

At the moment TEMCo is not answering their phone. I am watching the "SOLD OUT" sign spreading across their site at an alarming rate.

That's the model I purchased, and I'm very happy with it.

I doubt they are going away, much more likely they are just experiencing supply chain problems like most businesses.

I have the Temco, very nice crimper, very tight crimps. Well worth the money.

That's the model I purchased, and I'm very happy with it.

I doubt they are going away, much more likely they are just experiencing supply chain problems like most businesses.
I have the Temco, very nice crimper, very tight crimps. Well worth the money.
I'll find out soon enough if they are still shipping product.
Thanks

Reactions: Zwy
TEMCo says "SHIPPED" in just under 3 hours. ?
You can also order on Amazon if you want Jeff Bezos to get his cut.
I ordered the set with 32 die sets, since I have found that it allows better crimps being able to choose the half sizes. In particular the Ancor lugs (besides having better plating) have thicker walls than most, thus giving you wings.

In general using Ancor lugs, the half size larger is excellent.
The set is VERY heavy.

You can also order on Amazon if you want Jeff Bezos to get his cut.
I ordered the set with 32 die sets, since I have found that it allows better crimps being able to choose the half sizes. In particular the Ancor lugs (besides having better plating) have thicker walls than most, thus giving you wings.

In general using Ancor lugs, the half size larger is excellent.
The set is VERY heavy.
I ordered TEMCo Direct, $152.95, free shipping, no tax. amaron went to the top of my crap list some time ago.
I've ordered TEMCo Direct previously and have been very pleased, it's cheaper and gets here quick.

TH0005 V2 CRIMPER - 1.JPG
TH0005 V2.0 Hydraulic Cable Lug Crimper (11 US TON) 10 AWG to 600 MCM Electrical Terminal Cable Wire Tool Kit with 32 Die Sets

TEMCo Direct: $152.95, Purchase Date: 2/15/22, SKU: TH0005, Availability: Usually within 24 hours, Weight: 24.00 LBS Shipping: FREE

I like that TEMCo mentions heavy duty lugs and that the half size dies help to accommodate the larger lugs. I have a few sizes of what I believe to be heavy duty lugs, SELTERM: MDS0438UW, MDSO456UW and MDSO410U. This tool should do fine and make it look easy.

An added feature is the die imprints the size of the crimp used.

Dangit, why did I click on this thread? Just ordered the TH0005 set like you did. Now that I am pushing 300A through my cables, I want the best crimps. I have been using the Temco mechanical crimper.

Last edited:
TEMCo (y)(y)

67 Hours later
FedEx delivered a beautiful new crimper, WITH a 10 page instruction, use, specifications, maintenance and parts list manual written clearly in English.
I'm pretty sure TEMCo sold me a good tool because they included a nice little card stating "1 YEAR FULL REFUND NO MATTER WHAT" and on the flipside of the card "Even if it's opened, used or broken, we'll still accept your return, and we'll pay shipping both ways. No restocking fee. Up to 1 Year from purchase.

? Doing my happy dance today ?

BIG Thanks to @Just John & @Zwy for your feedback. (y)

EDIT: I don't see the "C" word anywhere on anything ?

TEMCo (y)(y)

67 Hours later
FedEx delivered a beautiful new crimper, WITH a 10 page instruction, use, specifications, maintenance and parts list manual written clearly in English.
I'm pretty sure TEMCo sold me a good tool because they included a nice little card stating "1 YEAR FULL REFUND NO MATTER WHAT" and on the flipside of the card "Even if it's opened, used or broken, we'll still accept your return, and we'll pay shipping both ways. No restocking fee. Up to 1 Year from purchase.

? Doing my happy dance today ?

BIG Thanks to @Just John & @Zwy for your feedback. (y)

EDIT: I don't see the "C" word anywhere on anything ?
Sometimes you get what you pay for. That's been my experience with TEMCo.

Back