diy solar

diy solar

used "like new, no damage" Renogy 320W 24V Monocrystalline Solar Panels...Any pros/cons? for 12kW 48V 250VDC 120A Off-Grid Inverter

markyyork

I found these really cheap. Looking for yall's feedback please. I'm planning to purchase the new 12kW 48V 250VDC 120A Off-Grid Inverter and, for starters, one 100AH 48V lithium battery to get going. Want to use one leg to power low wattage stuff all the time and the other leg for when the grid goes down. With both legs also for grid down on my 240 stuff (water well, hvac, water heater). Maybe use both legs for the 120 stuff all the time (daylight only)...still learning. THANKS FOR THIS GREAT RESOURCE!

I found these really cheap. Looking for yall's feedback please.
It’s fairly easy to test the panel voltage and amps if that is what you are wondering. Just need a digital meter and a big bright, close star above the horizon (the higher the better of course).

MS...Love your icon!

I was more looking for general opinion..."yup, these are good brand" or "nope, crappy panels"...I understand used panels are expected to be degraded to some extent and that can only be measured hands on.

And, I assume you're not referring to Altair!

And, I assume you're not referring to Altair!
That is one of my favourite telescope alignment stars!

Buying panels, for me, is like buying milk, eggs or gas. Not enough differentiation by brand to be a big part of purchase decision. Price, convenience in obtaining and sizing (physical and elec) are the most important to me.

Renogy is not my favourite brand for SCCs but I would consider their panels equal with most other brands of the same type. Some of the new split cell and bifacial panels are a bit more advanced and efficient from what I have read/heard.

Last edited:
Well, somebody thougt these used panels were good...or maybe they didn't think...12 panels went for $2900+tax...geez! I think I need to start selling used solar panels! I found some brand new 360watt S-Energy for $210. Buying them now. Thanks yall!

Back