diy solar

diy solar

Used Mono-crystalline Panels

Dutchman

I see so many pallets of used mono-crystalline PV panels for sale on FZB market place. They are usually 3-5 years old, sold by surplus outfits. What’s the deal? Are these worth having?

I see so many pallets of used mono-crystalline PV panels for sale on FZB market place. They are usually 3-5 years old, sold by surplus outfits. What’s the deal? Are these worth having?
I hope so I just bought 14. 270 watt lg solar panels to replace my 240 watt San solar panels that got squashed by a tree. It was cheaper to pickup 14 panels 125 miles away than to have used panels shipped from AZ to NY. So far they are working great.

who, what, where, when ?
that's pretty close considering where we are
I live pretty far north in NY it might not be as close as you think. Here’s the link.

They are firm in their price a legit solar business with a bunch of 8 year old panels replaced by a solar farm for the next best thing.

I live pretty far north in NY it might not be as close as you think. Here’s the link.

They are firm in their price a legit solar business with a bunch of 8 year old panels replaced by a solar farm for the next best thing.
we're almost neighbors in SLC

Got a name and #
I'm not particularly prone to sign up to facebook for a 3 week old offer

I'd make the trip for a couple if they'd fit in a Versa

we're almost neighbors in SLC

Got a name and #
I'm not particularly prone to sign up to facebook for a 3 week old offer

I'd make the trip for a couple if they'd fit in a Versa
Their phone number is on their website.

The panels measure about 65” x 39”

Their phone number is on their website.

The panels measure about 65” x 39”
thanks Bobert
I'll have to check the car, offhand I think they may fit if I pull the front seats forward

I hope so I just bought 14. 270 watt lg solar panels to replace my 240 watt San solar panels that got squashed by a tree. It was cheaper to pickup 14 panels 125 miles away than to have used panels shipped from AZ to NY. So far they are working great.
I’d like to hear what sort of output you get when they are hooked up
What did you do with squashed panels?

I put the old panels in the landfill. I did quite a bit of calling and that is proper disposal in our area. The were very smashed and hazardous to handle with so much loose glass on both sides even the aluminum frames were mangled up. I won’t have a good guesstimate on their performance for a while as the present location of the camper results in shading of the panels when the sun is most directly above the flat mounted array. At present I am getting 800 watts from 3240 in panels but every series string has shading on it so that’s not to bad.

I happen to be in the camper at 10:00 am this morning and we have full sun and no shading on the panels. The sun angle is not directly over the panels and won’t be for a few hours ( unfortunately in this spot I have shading at the most direct sun angle) at 10:05 I am getting 2020 watts out of 3240 watts of solar panels. One caveat is that at present it is only 79 degrees outside and fairly low humidity (45 percent) so we are not using the ac just our 5 roof fans. My array is mounted flat and lifted 8” above my roof so the vents exhaust under the solar panels and cool them. When It gets a little hotter and we close things up and close the fans I expect a bit of a reduction of output. Just before posting it is 10:12 and output is 2060 watts.

I bought a pallet of 30 240 watt trinas for 1,995 off market place. Came from go green solar, that included freight as well. they even came with a 6 month warranty which is really unheard of for a used panel. i had a delamination problem out of 20 but i called and they paid for them to be shipped back and sent replacements asap. oh the output is great on these things as well.

Back