diy solar

diy solar

Used Solar Panels

Frank F

Someone has these used 240W Panels for sale for $125 each, is this a good price? How do I test them? Thanks

Attachments

• 0C7E62E3-7694-4690-9E23-E57F6C5192E4.jpeg
    0C7E62E3-7694-4690-9E23-E57F6C5192E4.jpeg
    166.9 KB · Views: 9
Private party?
There’s several ‘outlets’ sending off these en masse for lesser cost supposedly, but shipping could make them more.

If this is your best $/W then why not? On the other hand, it seems new panels are accessible from local installers or ‘lot’ buyers if you have the time to search those out.

Basic test is VDC between + and - with a vom in full sun. Should be up to 37.2VOC according to label

Private party?
There’s several ‘outlets’ sending off these en masse for lesser cost supposedly, but shipping could make them more.

If this is your best $/W then why not? On the other hand, it seems new panels are accessible from local installers or ‘lot’ buyers if you have the time to search those out.

Basic test is VDC between + and - with a vom in full sun. Should be up to 37.2VOC according to label
They are from a local seller so no shipping

For voltage merely put the panel in the sun and probe the connectors, it should come out close to the panels rated Voc, in your case 37.2
For amps most meters can measure up to 10a, if your panel ISC is less than your meter.....in your case 8.37....
Set the meter to 10a-this usually requires moving the positive probe to a different socket.
Turn the panel from the sun or shade it with a towel or blanket.
Attach meter probes to the mc4 connectors.
Turn the panel into the sun or pull off the towel, measurement will depend on the angle to the sun and time of year/day. Move the panel around to see how much the current varies under different angles to the sun.

Someone has these used 240W Panels for sale for $125 each, is this a good price? How do I test them? Thanks
445 watt panels are $230. Is it worth the mounting expense and lost wattage to go with cheaper low-output panels ?
Not for me.

I don't pay anymore then 25 cents a watt 350watt+ for used panels I find locally. I will pay 20 cents a watt if not lower, for anything in the 250 watt range. Under 200 watt and it's not worth the glass.

240watt panels for $125 is 52 cents a watt.

NO WAY. 52 cents a watt is what you should be paying for brand new 300+ watt panels.

Back