diy solar

diy solar

Used unidentified lifepo battery- claimed.

parksandtech

I have replaced the house battery of our camper van with a new Ampere Time battery, and I don't have anything to do with the old one.
The old one was installed by the person we bought the van from, and it is housed in an unmarked metal box, so we have very little info on it. Seller stated the battery was 300ah. We've been using it on the road for the past 2 months and per our battery monitor, it is likely actually 200ah since it cut itself off around that spot according to our battery monitor and we had to jump it.
However, it charges, it discharges. We've been able to pull 85a off it for an electric cooktop, although the voltage drops to about 11.1. It can handle smaller loads without much issue.
So it's not useless, and I wonder if somebody on here could do something with the cells or with the battery itself.
If you're in the Minnesota area, we could arrange something. We also will be headed to various parts of the country over the next several months so possibly could arrange something like that. I'd rather have somebody put it to use than take it to a recycling place, so if you're interested, it's yours.

Attachments

• IMG_9677.jpg
    IMG_9677.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 33
If you are headed south, I’m in Charlotte area NC. I’d happily take it, for a build if nothing else. I’d test the cells and see what is what with it.

I'm in southeastern WI and desperately need something like this for my sump pump if you happen to be passing through.

Oh and I could meet in the WI dells area. Bonus points if it's after October 7th.

Most of my family lives up there so it's no skin off my teeth to drag my camper up for the weekend with the kids.

Double bonus if you've never been to the dells. I recommend the off road duck tours.

Looks like you could remove 8-10 screws and look inside and know exactly what it is.
I actually did do this, but didn't really know what to look for. Still nothing obvious on the inside. Somebody else could probably determine something more intelligently

Oh and I could meet in the WI dells area. Bonus points if it's after October 7th.

Most of my family lives up there so it's no skin off my teeth to drag my camper up for the weekend with the kids.

Double bonus if you've never been to the dells. I recommend the off road duck tours.
This could work. Originally from WI so we'll be in the area at some point. Why don't you DM me and we can coordinate. Disclaimer is that if somebody else posts with a more convenient offer, I'll probably go with them. Hopefully no hard feelings, just trying to get this thing out of my in-law's house.

Reactions: Mia
Competently understand.

If you happen to be swinging through E TN or W NC I could meet if it isn't already gone.

I'm still quietly hoping lol.

The original plan fell through with forgetting the battery hahaha.

No hard feelings though.

Back