diy solar

diy solar

Using 2x GROWATT SPF 3000TL LVM-24

Packhorse

I have 2 GROWATT SPF 3000TL LVM-24s.
Is it possible to run both of these from the same battery bank with their own solar panels and not parallel the output?If so should they still have the DB9 cables connected? Would this put the outputs in phase?
The reason I ask is that I would like to be able to have the low volt turn off on one set lower than the other. This one would run a small heat pump.
I dont think it matters but, in NZ we run 230v AC. I am currently running a single unit that outputs 115volt and feeds into a 3000va step up transformer to get 230volt. My other option is to run both units in split phase to get 230volt with out the need of a transformer but I am unsure of the legalities of that here in NZ.​

Yes you can run them from a common battery but with different solar arrays. Each can be wired to power loads independent of the other. You however can not feed the same load from both outputs without being in parallel.*

Example: G1 feeds your heat pump up to its maximum of 3kw. G2 feeds other loads up to is max of 3kw. Both units take power from their own arrays and charge the common battery bank.

* parallel is different than stacking inverters to create split phase double voltage.

Last edited:
Yes you can run them from a common battery but with different solar arrays. Each can be wired to power loads independent of the other. You however can not feed the same load from both outputs without being in parallel.

Example: G1 feeds your heat pump up to its maximum of 3kw. G2 feeds other loads up to is max of 3kw. Both units take power from their own arrays and charge the common battery bank.
Do they need to have the coms cable installed and be setup as master and slave? It would seem sensible to do that.

Do they need to have the coms cable installed and be setup as master and slave? It would seem sensible to do that.
No, they are operating independently. Your battery however if it is the type to communicate with the inverter will need to only connect to one. The other than becomes a user set device for charging parameters.

Back