diy solar

diy solar

Using a 240v Inverter / Charger In a 120v system

moonlitsouls

Hi im confused about this product and whether I can use it for my application , this is an old style phoenix victron mutiplus. I have an RV with 120v AC , I noticed the ac input and output for this inverter are 240v

So I take it this cannot be used with my current system? Or is there a way to use a transformer ?

I’m confused about whether I have a single phase or split phase system. But I think it’s a single phase 110v, Bc my RV only takes a 30amp electrical hookup
B1D132E5-4431-4799-A7FB-5A8BCF7487D9.png

Last edited:
That's a euro-spec unit, 230VAC, 50Hz

You have single phase 120VAC, 60Hz.

The only way you could use it is if you set it to run at 60Hz and fed it to an auto transformer that stepped it down to 120VAC. An autotransformer is about $700.

The only way you could use it is if you set it to run at 60Hz and fed it to an auto transformer that stepped it down to 120VAC. An autotransformer is about $700.
Thanks for the info, that explains why this guy is selling that for $500

Btw , I know it’s you Joey

I assure you that's not the case.

• 1 profile per person. There is no reason to have multiples, and our system will flag it based on IP address.
Would be highly frowned upon by management for a single user to interact with themselves as in this recent thread:

Back