diy solar

diy solar

Using a Load Center

SYKSolar

I ordered a Growatt 4K 3000TL-LVM- ES and a 48V100AH battery last week. I plan to install a 70 Amp or higher Square D Load Center with a 10 AWG wire from the inverter to tap the power onto individual circuit outlets instead of cutting a 12 AWG extension wire to branch it out. Does that make sense?

However, I am not too sure about this concept: A 10 AWG wire is rated for 30 AMPs, will the inverter inputs more than 30 AMPS at anytime that would make the system wire at fault? And assuming , I have 4 loads and each load draws 20 AMPS, is the 10 AWG wire going to be running at 80 AMPS or still 20 AMPS (in series, perhaps?) That is for my garage used with a washing machine, gargae door opener and two refrigerators.

A drawing of your proposed Load center & wiring would be nice. I'm not a Growatt expert but model number 3000TL-LVM seems to indicate its a 3,000W inverter? At 120V the maximum output would be 25Amps so the 10AWG would be sufficient as the Inverter could not supply enough amperage to exceed the rated wire capacity. If you have 4 items on the load center each capable of drawing 20Amps then you could only operate one of them at any time.

I ordered a Growatt 4K 3000TL-LVM- ES and a 48V100AH battery last week. I plan to install a 70 Amp or higher Square D Load Center with a 10 AWG wire from the inverter to tap the power onto individual circuit outlets instead of cutting a 12 AWG extension wire to branch it out. Does that make sense?
Nope, that does not make sense to me.
However, I am not too sure about this concept: A 10 AWG wire is rated for 30 AMPs, will the inverter inputs more than 30 AMPS at anytime that would make the system wire at fault? And assuming , I have 4 loads and each load draws 20 AMPS, is the 10 AWG wire going to be running at 80 AMPS or still 20 AMPS (in series, perhaps?) That is for my garage used with a washing machine, gargae door opener and two refrigerators.

Use wire large enough to carry the max input to the inverter. Fuse that wire appropriately. Refer to your inverter manual for specs on the input.

Send the inverter power to your new Main Lug Load Center. Size the wire appropriately and provide a safety switch, breakers or fuses if desired.
Wire circuits from the new load center with 12awg or 14awg using the appropriate circuit breaker or fuse?

A drawing would help a great deal.

Back