diy solar

diy solar

Using load and generator relays on Epever SCCs

fafrd

Solar Wizard
I have a Tracer AN 6420 and have it generally working the way I want but am unable to control the generator control relay and am interested in advice from anyone who has done so successfully.

The Epever documentation is piss poor so some basic questions for anyone who has figured this out:

1/ For a relay that turns on (switch that closes) while the battery voltage increases above the Under Voltage Warning Recovery Voltage, should that be the ‘Utility Generator Relay OFF’ relay or the ‘Utility Generator Relay ON’ relay? This is the ‘Generator Stop’ condition and I have assumed that turning off the generator by closing the OFF relay is correct, but would appreciate confirmation from anyone who is successfully using these Epever Generator Control relays.

2/ The software includes a checkbox for ‘Oilengine Controlsignal’ which defaults to ‘Disable’ - does this setting need to be set to ‘Enable’ for the generator control relays to function?

3/ When I make changes to the Load Relay Timing Control parameters, the impact is immediate - I can turn on and off by changing the turnon and turnoff times. But when changing Vlvdv and Vlvrv, I don’t see any immediate impact from those changes - is there a delay before changes to relay control voltage parameters takes effect?

I recall another thread where an owner was claiming changes to voltage parameters were not effective until the next day so I’m wondering whether that may be one of the factors contributing to my confusion.

I’ve got the Load Control Relay performing as I’d like (even if I can’t immediately change behavior through modified settings), but so far am unable to get any functionality out of the generator control relays.

Any assistance / advice appreciated.

Hi! I've same problem. I wanna use the relay to connect a second battery when the main is going down. Epever software is a hell. The low battery voltage to activate the relay is 24v and the recovery voltage is 24.4v, so after connecting the second battery the voltage increases a little bit and the relay disconnect the second battery, the voltage goes again to 24 and the relay connects the second battery again, after ten seconds disconnects, again and again.
I try to set the recovery voltage to 25.5v but I've to export a txt file, edit this file and load this file back into the Epever Solar Monitor, everything looks fine, the software says successfully loaded, I apply... but nothing changes. I read values again and 24.4v remains equal.
The contact marked with ON is a NC relay
The contact marked with OFF is a NO relay
But the triggering threshold value is so tiny that makes the generator unuseful.

Where did you find "Oilengine Controlsignal" option? I'm using "Charger Controller V1.95"
I continue my research, if I find something new I'll let you know.

Thanks!

Hi! I've same problem. I wanna use the relay to connect a second battery when the main is going down. Epever software is a hell. The low battery voltage to activate the relay is 24v and the recovery voltage is 24.4v, so after connecting the second battery the voltage increases a little bit and the relay disconnect the second battery, the voltage goes again to 24 and the relay connects the second battery again, after ten seconds disconnects, again and again.
I try to set the recovery voltage to 25.5v but I've to export a txt file, edit this file and load this file back into the Epever Solar Monitor, everything looks fine, the software says successfully loaded, I apply... but nothing changes. I read values again and 24.4v remains equal.
But the triggering threshold value is so tiny that makes the generator unuseful.

Where did you find "Oilengine Controlsignal" option? I'm using "Charger Controller V1.95"

Thanks!
OilEngine_Controlsignal is in the voltage parameters page (checkbox above the rightmost column of voltage settings).

My settings finally got accepted / activated when I disconnected my battery and execised the relays by connecting a variable power supply instead.

It may have just been the reboot that caused or it may have been that applying high simulated ‘battery’ voltages caused the Epever to move out of Bulk Mode into Float Mode for the rust time.

At any rate, it worked and all is fine now.

Thanks!
You probably have this solved by now but, I think you need to change the battery type to user. Than you can enter custom settings.

Back