diy solar

diy solar

Using my Jackery solar panel for my rv

pilroy1

I just bought a jackery 300 watt solar generator and solar panel to charge the system. The jackery 60 watt solar panel has a cord that plugs into the generator for charging. I believe The DC input plug is 7.9 x 5.5mm or just simply an 8mm DC input. I want to use the 60 watt jackery solar panel to charge my batteries on my rv as well. The plug on my rv is a 2 pin connector to charge the batteries. I need a female 8mm DC plug that converts to a 2 pin male connection but it appears this plug conversation doesn't exist.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221017-044702_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20221017-044702_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20221017-044603_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20221017-044603_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 3
A 60W panel is only going to output about 3amps. Are you looking for a 'trickle-charger' for the RV?
Both connections are rather oddball. If you can get a 2-pin plug like your image, then you could get a 8mm connector with a pigtail (two wires) and make up your own adapter.

There's also a 8mm to SAE adapter, and then you could replace the bulkhead fitting for the RV with SAE, portable charger as well. I just install a parallel one. Beware none of these connectors are good for any high currents - too much resistance in them. For low current SAE works reasonably well. I have one for a pair of 80W folders, with a permanently wired 10A MPPT controller as an supplement to the 450W panels on the roof. Can be handy for catching late or early sun, or in a shady campsite.

Lot of rigmarole for a few amps. If you had a few hundred watts of panels then it might make it worthwhile.

If you're really just looking for a trickle-maintainer for the RV starting battery, then consider putting a 80-100W panel on the roof with a 10A SCC. That's what I did, works just killer, and batteries are always fully charged.

Back