diy solar

diy solar

Using S-5! with tilt rack?

hellosamhere

Kuai!

I have just about finished modelling my home and also have sized out my off-grid solar system.

To maximize the home's passive solar heating, I have a south facing greenhouse and then the north side of the building has a very gradual downslope (2degrees) to the north. This roof is designed to handle large loads (the roof joists meet flooring joist codes), so that snow accumulation becomes a safe form of insulation come winter time.

Entonces!

I will be installing a metal roof, and want to utilize the S-5! no penetration concept, but I need to tie it into a tilted rack so that the panels are sun facing, and I imagine there is even reason to have them be adjustable so that during the summer they are more flat and during the winter more angled, to take advantage of the different heights of the sun. (I am relatively far north, so summer and winter sun are drastically different).

Anybody have any experience mounting a tilt rack to a metal (ridged) roof with something like the S-5! system?

Danke!

hello I too am in the same situation. I need to tilt most of my panel at 48 degrees and a balance at 18 degrees since another on a roof that has a 3o degree slope. I have gone to the s-5 web site but haven't got a response

Back