diy solar

diy solar

Using two aims remotehf remote switches via rj9 splitter?

Anyone know if I cam have two remotes wired to the same (2000 watt true sign) aims inverter? IIRC, they connect via an rj9 cable. Splitters are available for rj9, they would essentially be parallel to each other. Thanks.

I emailed the inverter store and they said it would not work. Dunno if that is accurate however, and don’t feel like investing $40 to experiment and possibly brick a perfectly healthy inverter. If I had a schematic of the switch, I would be able to tell, but the one switch I have I d not feel like uninstalling and opening.

You can spend a few dollars to buy this kind of splitter, and plug your current remote control into two interfaces respectively. If you can control the inverter, it shows that it is feasible. If you can't control the inverter, throw away the splitter and only lose a few dollars.

Attachments

• rj9.png
    rj9.png
    35.7 KB · Views: 1
We have tried it on VOLTWORKS inverter,and it is successful to add another remote controller.We guess it's the same principle, so you can try it on your AIMS power inverter

I have AIMS and do remote on/off. It's just 2 wires for each mode and when the wires make contact it's the same as moving the switch on to that position. You can have as many 2 wire pairs as you like but if any of them make connection the inverter will turn on and has to be turned off (wires disconnected) at the same point.
For the pure sine wave, Remote LCD jack (e.g. internet J45) its....
- Wires 3-5 turn on/off regular mode.
- Wires 5-7 turn on/off power saver mode.

I have AIMS and do remote on/off. It's just 2 wires for each mode and when the wires make contact it's the same as moving the switch on to that position. You can have as many 2 wire pairs as you like but if any of them make connection the inverter will turn on and has to be turned off (wires disconnected) at the same point.
For the pure sine wave, Remote LCD jack (e.g. internet J45) its....
- Wires 3-5 turn on/off regular mode.
- Wires 5-7 turn on/off power saver mode.
Thanks mate!

The 4 wires do power, green on light and orange fault light and on/off.

On off just momentarily shorts common or ground to the on/off wire.

I have mine in parallel to a remotely controlled switch that shorts momentarily.
I think I will buy a second stock switch, and splitter.

Back