diy solar

diy solar

Utilizing my DIY portable 12v battery bank to add capacity to main 24v power when not in use?

brandonboosted

Just finished a portable 280ah power station I am going to be using occasionally as a generator/ camping power. I have a 13,440 watt hour 24v bank for my house that I am currently battling running out of power in the cold winter months. Currently working on adding more solar, but I am waiting on a few items and the weather to warm up a bit (currently -5F). Has anyone used a different volt bank to add capacity to their main battery supply? One of the ideas I have been considering is using the victron 12-24v charger and I can program that to start charging the 24v bank at a certain voltage. The obvious other option would be to build a second portable 280ah 12v bank and series connect them but dont really have a need for another portable pack. Has anyone else done this? Thoughts or concerns? Thanks.

Charging a 24v battery from a 12v battery is probably not going to help much, due to efficiency losses.

Back