diy solar

diy solar

Vacuum tube solar water heating

The HWS at my new place will be PV direct powered for the most part, with the 'aux boost' running from the inverter if needed via a manual switch (I doubt it will be)
LPG isn't really a big thing in many rural communities (at least in Qld)- the delivery charges for two 40L tanks from Elgas is basically as much as the gas itself here- not really economic these days and the big 'commercial' permanently installed tanks cost a fortune (as does the testing required every ten years)

The HWS at my new place will be PV direct powered for the most part, with the 'aux boost' running from the inverter if needed via a manual switch (I doubt it will be)
LPG isn't really a big thing in many rural communities (at least in Qld)- the delivery charges for two 40L tanks from Elgas is basically as much as the gas itself here- not really economic these days and the big 'commercial' permanently installed tanks cost a fortune (as does the testing required every ten years)
Yes, bottled LPG is a very different thing to the natural gas we have here in the southern states.
Natural gas is incredibly cheap for just raw heating power content compared to anything else.

Yes, bottled LPG is a very different thing to the natural gas we have here in the southern states.
Natural gas is incredibly cheap for the energy content compared to anything else.
Sadly, not an option in rural Qld lol...
We had 'town gas' when I lived in Sydney (one of the older suburbs with it piped to the house) and it was great- but running bottled LPG ugh...

Sadly, not an option in rural Qld lol...
We had 'town gas' when I lived in Sydney (one of the older suburbs with it piped to the house) and it was great- but running bottled LPG ugh...
Without natural gas, what you have is the obvious best choice in your situation.
We are indeed fortunate down south, home heating, cooking, and hot water is a lot cheaper down here.

Back