diy solar

diy solar

Valence Lithium Battery U27-12XP

David Groves

are these worth the $465 with free shipping?
I am considering this a drop in replacement for old 12volt batteries

I've got a couple. Yes, I think it's worth it, but it depends on your intended use. New, these batteries must be well over $1500 ( the 40AH ones are $1400) and I don't think they even sell the bigger ones to individuals. There's no official support for the used ones either, but I'm ok with that. Both of mine have a weak cell (3.57v max), but both still have over 100AH capacity. For my initial test system, these are working great for use during power outages. They can be hooked up in series or parallel, some other LiFePO4 drop in batteries have restrictions on what configurations can be used. Rated for 150 amps output continuous, 300 surge, more then enough to power what I have planned. If you get the Valence software running on a Windows machine, you can monitor what the on board BMS is doing and log stats to learn how your batteries work under your loads and charging profiles. On charge and discharge, the cells stay balanced till the very end of the cycles.

I've got a couple. Yes, I think it's worth it, but it depends on your intended use. New, these batteries must be well over $1500 ( the 40AH ones are $1400) and I don't think they even sell the bigger ones to individuals. There's no official support for the used ones either, but I'm ok with that. Both of mine have a weak cell (3.57v max), but both still have over 100AH capacity. For my initial test system, these are working great for use during power outages. They can be hooked up in series or parallel, some other LiFePO4 drop in batteries have restrictions on what configurations can be used. Rated for 150 amps output continuous, 300 surge, more then enough to power what I have planned. If you get the Valence software running on a Windows machine, you can monitor what the on board BMS is doing and log stats to learn how your batteries work under your loads and charging profiles. On charge and discharge, the cells stay balanced till the very end of the cycles.

Do you have the software and correct data cable info?

Back