diy solar

diy solar

Valence U1-12RT in parallel without data cables?

Cameron

I have two of these without data cable. Thoughts on if connecting in parallel without the data cables connecting is a problem? Balancing issue?

The data cables are only used when connecting in series. I also have two of the batteries connected in parallel and am not using the data cables although they are there. Just make sure the batteries are very close to the same voltage when you connect them. I charged each of mine fully with my 10 amp charger. Then let them rest for a day or two. The voltage was then close enough to each other to connect them. One was showing a voltage of 13.33 and the other was 13.35 when I connected them.

The data cables are only used when connecting in series. I also have two of the batteries connected in parallel and am not using the data cables although they are there. Just make sure the batteries are very close to the same voltage when you connect them. I charged each of mine fully with my 10 amp charger. Then let them rest for a day or two. The voltage was then close enough to each other to connect them. One was showing a voltage of 13.33 and the other was 13.35 when I connected them.
Thank!

Thanks for that, I need those cables to power my 36v golf cart, would pay handsomely for those 4 cables, lol. Any idea where i could buy them or maybe have them made?

Thanks for that, I need those cables to power my 36v golf cart, would pay handsomely for those 4 cables, lol. Any idea where i could buy them or maybe have them made?

I have no clue. If the data cables were cut off close to the battery then you would need to take the battery apart to install the cables. Taking the battery apart isn't easy.

I have no clue. If the data cables were cut off close to the battery then you would need to take the battery apart to install the cables. Taking the battery apart isn't easy.

I have removed the top and removed the two leads, not too hard really, small hex head screws, wires come out easy enough, not easy to replicate, shielding etc, will pay 100 plus for 4 if you know anyone, finders fee too. Thanks

I have removed the top and removed the two leads, not too hard really, small hex head screws, wires come out easy enough, not easy to replicate, shielding etc, will pay 100 plus for 4 if you know anyone, finders fee too. Thanks

I watched the video again and you are right, the very top does come off easily. If all else fails I think it would be possible for you to make your own cables. You would need to find the right female header connector to connect to the board or rig up something. I am sure you have thought this through. Perhaps you could try the EV forums. Sorry I have no other clue where to start.

Ya, I have the circuit board end, just need the 3 male and 3 female waterproof plugs, and the wires, shielding on wires is over the top, not sure if i can replicate or if it matters that much, TY for your time friend

Hey Gazoo! I'm putting 2 12RTs in series and parallel. So only "IYO" connect the data cables to series the 2 packs. and leave the others off? The middle cables are off. Now + to + and - to - and I'm 24v at 80ah. I'm proceeding with caution.

Attachments

• 2 in series.jpg
    2 in series.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 16
Sorry but I don't know if the other data cables should be connected. It it was me I would only connect the battery data cables that are in series and keep an eye on the capacity. Maybe run a few capacity tests to check if you are getting close to the full 80ah's. I would be surprised if the batteries have the full capacity due to their age but they are very robust. I get around 75ah's with the two I have connected in parallel and I am happy with that.

Sorry but I don't know if the other data cables should be connected. It it was me I would only connect the battery data cables that are in series and keep an eye on the capacity. Maybe run a few capacity tests to check if you are getting close to the full 80ah's. I would be surprised if the batteries have the full capacity due to their age but they are very robust. I get around 75ah's with the two I have connected in parallel and I am happy with that.
Thanks Gazoo, That's what I've got. Only the data cables in series connected. I moved both series cables to the outside terminals. The parallel connections will be in the middle. These are 100% from Battery Hook up. Glad I got 4 while they were still available.

Attachments

• Valence 2 in series .jpg
    Valence 2 in series .jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 15
Back