diy solar

diy solar

Valence U27-12XP 138 AH 12v for sale

the4machin3

As far as I can tell from my research, I got in over my head by buying a used Valence U27 off ebay. I don’t think it’s worth it to tear it down and add a BMS or buy the Valence one, and for a used-once-in-a-while cobbled together solar generator, it just doesn’t seem worth my time or money to pursue. I’m hoping someone is looking for one and we can make a deal. I suppose I’ll lose from money from the price I bought it on ebay, but that’s life. Paypal would be my preferred tender. Let me know if you’re interested and perhaps we could discuss price and shipping? I just don’t know what price to list it at otherwise. 8FEB0251-E389-485C-9889-A833471A8E0D.jpeg

Are you willing to put up your price and approximate location for possible pickup?
Yeah, I’m near Binghamton, NY and I suppose $575 for pickup, but price and Shipping can be negotiated. Looks like about $600 for a comparable one on ebay right now. I’m also working on getting it hooked up to the valence software if I can borrow a Windows machine. That way I can give an accurate idea of how many cycles/battery health, etc.

Those are series cables for connecting them in series to balance them. ?
40 seconds into video ? ?

Last edited:
Pretty sure they only balance with the external BMS,

@MrNatural22 and Will in his video are talking about the Valence U-Charge U1-12RT battery, which has a built-in BMS.

This 2019 Lithium Werks video explains the difference between the RT and XP batteries:

The Valence U-Charge U1-12RT battery's have a fully functional BMS built into them that does not require an external BMS. I have two of them. The cables are used only when the batteries are connected in series, not parallel. This is so the BMS's of the batteries can communicate with each other to keep the batteries balanced.

The XP series does have an internal BMS but requires an external BMS to activate it. I know this can be confusing. However the thread @dcadaret linked to helps explain all the mysteries of the XP batteries. BTW, I have seen these batteries go for as low as $300.00 to $400.00 on Craigslist but that was over a year ago. Just know what you are getting yourself into before buying a XP battery.

As far as I can tell from my research, I got in over my head by buying a used Valence U27 off ebay. I don’t think it’s worth it to tear it down and add a BMS or buy the Valence one, and for a used-once-in-a-while cobbled together solar generator, it just doesn’t seem worth my time or money to pursue. I’m hoping someone is looking for one and we can make a deal. I suppose I’ll lose from money from the price I bought it on ebay, but that’s life. Paypal would be my preferred tender. Let me know if you’re interested and perhaps we could discuss price and shipping? I just don’t know what price to list it at otherwise. View attachment 39362
Do you still have this battery?

Back