diy solar

diy solar

Valence U27-12xp BMS

gwm1471

First off...I want to apologize for my question but feel I need to ask in order to do what I want. I have researched this site...and many others...but am still confused. Please be kind... :)

I have a 48v golf cart and I am sick of the lead acid batteries. A friend and I converted his cart to lithium by using Leaf batteries, a cheap BMS and 48v charger off of eBay...and it works fairly well. But I now have an opportunity to purchase (4) Valence U27-12XP batteries and want to use them in my cart instead of the Leaf's.

I understand that the Valence batteries have a built-in BMS, but those are just for balancing the modules in each battery alone...and even then you need the software running and 4v's to each battery. Okay...I understand that. My concern is the external BMS needed to balance the entire 4 battery array. I am not a computer programmer and just want something that will just do the balancing and shut off when charging or discharging when parameters are met. What can be used that would be fairly easy to install, use and just do the job.

Wish list: Bluetooth would be GREAT! We installed a BT BMS in the Leaf system and it is nice! Not sure there is anything else out there comparable for the Valence BMS. Anyway, if there isn't then that isn't a problem...I don't mind hooking up my laptop and running the Valence software to monitor.

Thank you in advance for any help provided!

Don't have an answer but have the same issue if you have gotten an answer elsewhere. Also how do you use your laptop to moniter or ose the Valence software?

First off...I want to apologize for my question but feel I need to ask in order to do what I want. I have researched this site...and many others...but am still confused. Please be kind... :)

I have a 48v golf cart and I am sick of the lead acid batteries. A friend and I converted his cart to lithium by using Leaf batteries, a cheap BMS and 48v charger off of eBay...and it works fairly well. But I now have an opportunity to purchase (4) Valence U27-12XP batteries and want to use them in my cart instead of the Leaf's.

I understand that the Valence batteries have a built-in BMS, but those are just for balancing the modules in each battery alone...and even then you need the software running and 4v's to each battery. Okay...I understand that. My concern is the external BMS needed to balance the entire 4 battery array. I am not a computer programmer and just want something that will just do the balancing and shut off when charging or discharging when parameters are met. What can be used that would be fairly easy to install, use and just do the job.

Wish list: Bluetooth would be GREAT! We installed a BT BMS in the Leaf system and it is nice! Not sure there is anything else out there comparable for the Valence BMS. Anyway, if there isn't then that isn't a problem...I don't mind hooking up my laptop and running the Valence software to monitor.

Thank you in advance for any help provided!
If you use the thunderstruck BMS you will also need a series balancer like this https://www.amazon.com/Fdit-Equaliz...123&sprefix=lead+acid+balancer,aps,573&sr=8-7

Back