diy solar

diy solar

Valence U27-12XP in Parallel?

I plan on using three of the U27-12XP batteries in parallel. The internal BMS should keep the individual batteries balanced. Theoretically I could moniter each battery individually to see when the batteries need to be balanced in relationship to each other correct? I could then disconnect batteries from the bank and charge each one individually to the exact same voltage. Does this plan make sense to you guys?
Sounds like from the above response that they need to run in 2, 4, 6 etc to keep balanced. 3 might not work? Good luck.

It sounds like to run them parallel the Valence need to be in even amounts 2,4 etc to be balanced. Maybe not to use the cables given and connect them like any other 12 volt in parallel? Trying to keep this simple. Thoughts?

I just found out my U27-12XP will not balance its cell blocks with its internal cell balancer unless it's in communication with the valence software on my laptop or with the Valence U-BMS. The cheap battery to battery balancer design for lead acid will keep the batteries balance to each other. But the U-BMS does a good job of that if you have one, it will even do high and low voltage protection temperature protection and control pre-charged contactors, and communicate with the charger over rs-485 to actually control incoming amperage during balance stage.

I just found out my U27-12XP will not balance its cell blocks with its internal cell balancer unless it's in communication with the valence software on my laptop or with the Valence U-BMS. The cheap battery to battery balancer design for lead acid will keep the batteries balance to each other. But the U-BMS does a good job of that if you have one, it will even do high and low voltage protection temperature protection and control pre-charged contactors, and communicate with the charger over rs-485 to actually control incoming amperage during balance stage.

Unfortunately I do not have the Valence U-BMS and haven't been able to find one. But you are saying when you connect the batteries to a laptop the cells will balance? I could just set the voltage limit to 14.4 to be safe and then balance the batteries manually every month by connecting them to the software. Can I connect to just one battery if they are wired in parallel or will I have to disconnect each battery from the battery bank?

Unfortunately I do not have the Valence U-BMS and haven't been able to find one. But you are saying when you connect the batteries to a laptop the cells will balance? I could just set the voltage limit to 14.4 to be safe and then balance the batteries manually every month by connecting them to the software. Can I connect to just one battery if they are wired in parallel or will I have to disconnect each battery from the battery bank?
I know you already found the answer I posted for you in the other thread but for people who accidentally stumble on your question here and want the answer here's the link to the Post. https://diysolarforum.com/threads/valence-xp-super-thread.5683/post-58710

It sounds like to run them parallel the Valence need to be in even amounts 2,4 etc to be balanced. Maybe not to use the cables given and connect them like any other 12 volt in parallel? Trying to keep this simple. Thoughts?
I don't see any reason why odd numbers and even numbers would be different than each other.

[QUOTE = "peanut, post: 1318, membre: 531"]
Salut Bobby. J'ai actuellement 4 des batteries Valence actuellement connectées à 4 équilibreurs de batterie que j'ai achetés à Electric Car Parts Company. Ils étaient 23,50 par batterie et maintiennent ma banque à 1/100 de volt en général. Je l'ai vu une fois à 2/100 volts une fois. Je regarde la même protection de batterie que vous et je pense que si nous couvrons ces bases, nous devrions pouvoir les connecter comme nous le voulons. Il y a un membre ici qui a le logiciel Valence et des liens vers certains câbles qui devraient nous permettre de lire toutes les informations sur la batterie. Je dois le contacter pour le logiciel car je ne le trouve pas moi-même. Je n'ai pas encore branché mes batteries ensemble, je viens de tester la capacité et de les équilibrer. En attente de la protection et de certains câbles. Je n'ai actuellement aucun plan pour obtenir le BMS et je vais les connecter en série en parallèle.
[/CITATION]
Bonjour,
Quel est le modèle de l'équilibreur de batterie?

I plan on using three of the U27-12XP batteries in parallel. The internal BMS should keep the individual batteries balanced. Theoretically I could moniter each battery individually to see when the batteries need to be balanced in relationship to each other correct? I could then disconnect batteries from the bank and charge each one individually to the exact same voltage. Does this plan make sense to you guys?
Hi Bobby. I have 4 of the Valence batteries currently hooked up to 4 battery balancer's I purchased from Electric Car Parts Company. They were 23.50 per battery and keep my bank to within 1/100 of a volt usually. I seen it once at 2/100 of a volt out once. I am looking at the same battery protect as you and I think if we cover those bases, we should be able to connect them however we want. There is a member on here that has the Valence software and links to some cables that should let us read all the battery information. I need to contact him for the software because I cannot find it myself. I have not hooked my batteries up together yet, just tested capacity and balanced them. Waiting for the protect and some cables. I currently have no plans to get the BMS and I am going to connect them series parallel. Hook up the parallel batteries first if doing this.
I purchase a 6 valence battery 12v and use series/parallel connection and connect the black connector that comes with it which is to balance my battery. I connect the black connector like a 12v system it doesn't seems it works, I would love to know what's the right connection? Should I connect the black connector 2 batteries which connected the series then connect the parallel to the second 2 batteries in parallel then connect the series again but the third 2 batteries how should I connect it to the 4 batteries which I'm having problem

I purchase a 6 valence battery 12v and use series/parallel connection and connect the black connector that comes with it which is to balance my battery. I connect the black connector like a 12v system it doesn't seems it works, I would love to know what's the right connection? Should I connect the black connector 2 batteries which connected the series then connect the parallel to the second 2 batteries in parallel then connect the series again but the third 2 batteries how should I connect it to the 4 batteries which I'm having problem
Did you read the valence super thread? Do you have XP or RT batteries?

Back