diy solar

diy solar

valences

tappah

Hi new here just a simple question. i have doughts about a opportunity to buy 8 of these valence xp series u24 12 xp for 1000 euros. they ve been fiited in a shopping mall golf cart, and a story about a insurance issue.
i dont know the age of these, i need just one i think or maybe two, for a simple off grid system for lights and a laptop charger. ive got a lot of trees in my garden that's making my solar situation a bit difficult.

please send me your thoughts.
IMG_2848.JPGIMG_2849.JPG

Are the lights blinking green? I also want to caution that while these batteries have an internal balancer, you need the external balancer for it to work. I would suggest reading through the Valence XP Super Thread.

thanks thats a lot of info...
I think the batteies are stored for a more than a year. how do i know if they are good?
in februari this year i measured one and it was about 13 v

IMG_3344.JPGIMG_3346.JPGIMG_3350.JPG
they were all blinking green en we measured 13.+ volts.
i think they are about 5 years old
I paid 1000 euri 100 euro for the mother bms + extra's !
the company did a test vehicle with these valences, but there was mis management and communication by directors, and users and they swiched over to the brown batteries 6v. :unsure:
4 go to a friend who,s making a solar soundsystem cart. i have to make up my mind about the other 4.
the lifepo4 adventure has begun

That's fun, I'm also working on a car build 5 years ago with Valence batteries. Unfortunately, they have been left uncharged and one is dead.
If you are willing to sell one battery, and are not located outside Europe, to ease shipping, I maybe interested by one!
I may even make an offer for a batch of seven if you have some other opportunities!

well dont count on it. but maybe, i have to sort them out and try to find a way to communicate to them...
balance . all modules are in a kind of slumber state at 13.3 v
We dit a very short test with a ctec 25 amp charger . its a lead acid charger but it went up to 14,5 and i didnt trust it.. but managed to put 0.1 more volts in it.. i havent researched charging yet.

Last edited:
13.3 is actually very good. And unless you are nuts about going up to 100%, you already have about 90% charge.
So just from the little you have said so far I would say the batteries are good to go.
If possible, cycle them once or twice to be sure. Other than that I am not sure I can be of help. Sorry. :)

Wel thanks for the remark, my head is exploding with all thats possible with these green power bricks.
thinking about making a cargo e-bike. most days im using my car to drive the 7 km to go at my cabin /tinyhouse. ( my old dog doesnt want to cycle)

Yeh wel the other thread is quite big, and i like to make a thread of my experiences..

Today i went to a big car parts seller to purchase these Tyco 567 connectors, got lost and confused about the female / male end connector and bought only the plastic( cartridge?) male without pins.. but my freind picked them up total cost 2 x 8 euro. only selled per 5
got another brand, Tirex.

Last edited:
1604008914925.png

succes ! Im happy
with a usb rs485 converter with a ch340 chip.
had some trouble to get the tirex567 connector assembled. need some official pliers.

Screenshot from 2020-10-29 23-15-52.png
and as always the software isnt plug and play. install. net 2.0- run the valence program as administrator . ( running 4 different oses i serious dislike M$) Can this software run on ubuntu wine ?
tomorrow ill check the 7 other modules !

That's great! Battery seems to be in very good condition with only 7 cycles and no reset, which means no undervoltage!
I whish I could find such an opportunity to replace my dead batteries!

yeh thanx, Well im very inspired to make an e-vehicle.. but first i have to finish my tiny house project.. ( pics in the intro topic)
always keep your eyes open.. Recycling of li-on is a bit shady, i did some digging. for lead acid you get a good price at the metal scrap yard. but in my town they dont accept the li-on batteries.. And nowadays everybody is on an e-bike..

we have reggae collective and a friend who is an architect had to invest some money. he made a solar reggae cart. solarsystem.jpg
the 2 lead acid 105 ah batteries are dead. my friend has now got 2 little kids an no time, so another friend is revitalising / upgrading. it.
Im always on a thight budget and im dutch. if i sell 4, i can invest that in solar equipment... I realize that a big solar install in my garden is a huge project.( trees- space- 4 days of no sun in winter)

And i know that these valences are designed for vehicle and industrial appliances.

Does anybody know how to find a production date of these valence u-charge xp series??

Last edited:
Well i am monitoring one of the modules in my daily setup with a car stereo and 2 ~7w led lights. current about 2,6A .
The seller of these batteries said he tested one in his Bmw car. :p 7 of the modules are around 85% state of charge. one was 32% so i tried to watch the voltage. with a small voltage lcd. I learnt it gives very little info of state of charge. At home the green cube is charging a little with usb power !

Here's also a lot of info; much of it is also in the big thread on this forum.
https://www.t6forum.com/threads/valence-u27-12xp-lifepo4-lithium-battery-how-we-done-it.22182/

Did some research on charging. And i bought a Victron blue smart ip22 12/15 (3). 3 x 12v out so 5 amp. I havent found a cheap canbus powered 200 amp charger yet! Also the interface cable with u-bms is stil on hold. @eric did you find one cheap !?
I know im falling in the Blue rabbit hole... and i have to mention the victron software doesnt support bluetooth on windows.. like to have a big GUI . the ios app is ok . have to make a lifemgpo4 preset.
I got 51,9 amp in it. in about 4,5 hour.

noticed the intra module balance count was getting higher. curious when the cycle count goes up, now 5 charge discharge counts and 211436/1408 = 150.167 wh. but im bad with math.
cheers Tap

Last edited:
Back