diy solar

diy solar

Van Conversion Wiring Diagram, Please Review

If you want to go big you could do 2x 2/0 awg which is ~140mm2 aggregate.
3x 2 awg... ?

I don't hate them.
Not a fan, but I don't hate them.
12000 ac watts / .85 conversion factor / 48 volts low cutoff = 294.117647059 service amps.
294.117647059 service amps / .8 fuse headroom = 367.647058824 fault amps.

That means the minimum you could use is 4/0 awg with a 400 amp fuse.
If you use 2 awg you should land them on three different studs and use a 200 amp fuse on each wire.

2awg is ~= 35mm2.
3 * 35 = 105mm2 which is pretty close to 4/0 awg.
4/0 awg ~= 120mm2.
I don't know what glue they are sniffing but hardly anyone in the field is going to do 3x 2 awg.
Check with them to make sure they won't be dicks about the warranty though.
I am using 4/0 coming from the busbars on the battery rack and going to a 400 A Class T fuse, then using a 600Amp/60V heavy-duty busbar, then using 4/0 to a heavy disconnect switch, and from the switch, I am trying to figure out how to either get that 4/0 in there, lol, or figure out what they actually want because I would rather use the thicker wire than not. So tight up in there though. This is where I am stuck. The rack will be right next to the Growatt but I have not set it up. I am in the process of getting the material because I will be going off-grid and I have to get this powered up to have lights! I would say it would be less than 5 feet one way.

3x 2 awg... ?
Idiots to suggest that. I can't find anyone who has done anything or talked about this one section of wiring. That Is why I am reading as much as I can hoping to get it figured out. We should start a new thread because others may want to learn and I bet this is irritating to the OP.

Idiots to suggest that. I can't find anyone who has done anything or talked about this one section of wiring. That Is why I am reading as much as I can hoping to get it figured out. We should start a new thread because others may want to learn and I bet this is irritating to the OP.
3x 2 awg... ?
Should I start a thread under off-grid inverters? How do I tag you? I will start one with the subject being "Growatt 12kw 250V 120A Wiring from battery to inverter"

Back