diy solar

diy solar

Vanadium?

Interesting.

$6,600 for 13.5 kWh

Claimed 0% self discharge and 25 yr lifetime

Here's another article about it....https://energypost.eu/can-vanadium-flow-batteries-beat-li-ion-for-utility-scale-storage/

The main investor, Patrick Soon Shiong recently purchased the LA Times and made his fortune in Pharma. He is investing heavily in storage

I'm not an investor (considering it though) - had anyone here had experience with vanadium batteries?

storen is now selling residential sized, 30kw, 48v, 600ah flow batteries. i emailed for the price just a few minutes ago. their spec. sheet
says 75 to 80% efficiency, has a bms. yes i've been an investor, but just a few dollars. IMO the usa needs lots of electrical storage for solar and
wind energy. i want at least 3 days of storage due to my village losing power about 6 times per year and i know of twice we lost power for 9 days.
i will post the price if the company replies to me. i can't afford to buy one right now - poor and almost broke. but if the price is right; then I'll
save up for one and post the pros/cons on the forum.

As i mentioned in another thread, these are not an economical alternative to LiFePO4.

The only reason i can see to buy them is because you like to spend a bit of extra coin to show you are different.

This thing seems like a scam. If you read the comments, Investors have been asking for 2 years for information and then being directed to another fund raising site where they are still asking for info on where their money is and when is a product coming. Looks like over $1.2 million has been raised and all they have is a picture of a battery that is supposed to have been shipped to Australia for testing.

Last edited:
Back