diy solar

diy solar

VAWT turbines

Melin

Hello, I want to model a VAWT (straight-blade Darrieus wind turbine) in a building simulation software. However, it requires blade chord area, blade drag coefficient and blade lift coefficient. The software help says that this information can be found in manufacturer's catalogue. I've checked several catalogues from different manufacturers but I haven't found any information about them. Would you please tell me where I can find them?
Thank you

I think that phrase should be changed to “Any decent manufacturer...”. Many wind turbines are garbage and when the company goes out of business, the product seems to get rebranded elsewhere, until it goes out of business, and the cycle repeats.

I would recommend contacting manufacturers directly for specs. Any decent manufacturer would be happy to provide that info through a phone call or E-Mail to tech support. In my search for windmills, I dropped the idea of VAWT as not practical, but decided if I did purchase, I will go through this:

They’ve been in business for 25 years and have sold over 100k units and are designed for an individual user. They have not hopped on the VAWT bandwagon, probably because they do not produce compared to normal wind turbines.

Back