diy solar

diy solar

Vehicle mounted solar panels

It's my understanding that rich solar is a Canadian company? But maybe they're just made in China? Do you have a brand that you suggest?

Thanks everybody for all the responses.

Rich solar is a seller, not a manufacturer. Your cells are 100% made in China, and they are not commercial grade. All these small, Chinese made 100 watt panels etc are garbage and will not last 20 / 25 years.

Rich solar is a seller, not a manufacturer. Your cells are 100% made in China, and they are not commercial grade. All these small, Chinese made 100 watt panels etc are garbage and will not last 20 / 25 years.
Got ya. Why do they offer such a warranty then? Am I within my right to ask for them to be replaced? I mean cheap or not, if I don't have to spend money I'd rather not.

Got ya. Why do they offer such a warranty then? Am I within my right to ask for them to be replaced? I mean cheap or not, if I don't have to spend money I'd rather not.
The warranty, in most cases, is part of the sales pitch, very few buyers take the time to read the fine print, and there is always a lot of fine print by design. People are like sheep blindly trusting some Shepperd to think of their best interest when ultimately it is their responsibility in the end game. Have you ever noticed how folks automatically trust the word of someone in a uniform or lab coat? Everybody needs first to educate themselves, and then they can ask intelligent questions to get the correct answers and better understand their own research.

If you would be living in Germany, you'd have a strong case with the law backing you. In the US though, you would have to sue them in small claims court. Most likely you will spend more money to file the case than what you paid for the panels. Not sure how things are in Canada with the seller. They may tell you to make a warranty claim with the manufacturer. You could pressure the manufacturer with bad reviews and using social media, but the real hint is, buy quality products from well known companies, if possible based in the US, Canada or Europe.

Back