diy solar

diy solar

Vertical Battery Rack for Two Horizontally Oriented Lithium 100Ahs

HansGoch

I would greatly appreciate a recommendation for a maker or supplier of vertical RV battery racks. Thanks in advance for your consideration ?.

I do not believe there are any formal suppliers.

I use a heavy-duty metal storage rack with fully adjustable shelves, but I think it might be too large from an RV setup.
I would wager most are custom-made to fit from basic 2x4s and plywood or MDF.

Attachments

• 20210308_003704.jpg
    20210308_003704.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 39
I do not believe there are any formal suppliers.

I use a heavy-duty metal storage rack with fully adjustable shelves, but I think it might be too large from an RV setup.
I would wager most are custom-made to fit from basic 2x4s and plywood or MDF.
Here's how I did mine.
@ Jason, I love the lightweight, affordable, minimalist ratchet strap design, bravo. I might just repro that.

@ dswiggum - I'd love to see a much better, clearer, larger, more well lit pic of your setup too. Can you describe the rack system or what you purchased, where etc?

@ Jason, I love the lightweight, affordable, minimalist ratchet strap design, bravo. I might just repro that.

@ dswiggum - I'd love to see a much better, clearer, larger, more well lit pic of your setup too. Can you describe the rack system or what you purchased, where etc?
Straps;
Four for <$10.

Metal rack
  • 500 lbs per shelf
  • 2,000 lbs total weight

THX! Strap prices are good . . . just need to strap 32 cells in some config to make a 48v supply.
That's what mine are as shown, 8x2.

I did not make them very tight. Only just snug. If/As the cells expand they will cause more tension in the straps.

I'm using the idea of what BYD does with shipping straps, the straps are installed while the cells or close, thus not alllowed to expand. No bothering with trying to figure out psi.

Ya I'm not going to worry with PSI either, too much froohah. If I understand correctly, the purpose of having some pressure on the cells is to limit the potential for expansion. I see too that a lot of folks are putting some type of non conductive material between the cells in order for the cases to not short together due to pressure.

My cells will be in a side compartment in an RV and 2x120mm fans will circulate air in and out of the cavity under the bed in my rig, so I'm not too worried about temp at this point. I'll cross that bridge of I come to it.

I'm not exactly sure what the best way to wire these as 2x16 cell 48v banks will be or if I need 2 big honkin BMS etc etc, but I'm sure all the SME here will answer questions in a thread.

Back