diy solar

diy solar

Very new to solar but started purchasing items, not sure of the final specs of the whole system.

Combined charging is just over 460 amps.

Attachments

• amps.jpg
    amps.jpg
    483.1 KB · Views: 8
I think this is 27 panels with two scc, definetly record on amps. I will go out and count them to double check.

Attachments

• new record.jpg
    new record.jpg
    485.2 KB · Views: 6
Working on the last ground mount, this will be a 24 panels 6 by 4 rows, this will provide 103 500w panels ground mounted. Then trina panels will be roof mounted in 5 by 5 rows. Then save up to build one more 4p16s or maybe larger, have 3 4p16s for the heating,water one for the rest.

Attachments

• P3270408.JPG
    P3270408.JPG
    913.5 KB · Views: 10
  • P3270407.JPG
    P3270407.JPG
    1,009.8 KB · Views: 11
  • P3270409.JPG
    P3270409.JPG
    162.3 KB · Views: 10
  • P3270411.JPG
    P3270411.JPG
    154.3 KB · Views: 11
Few more parts came in, the larger one is for the ground mount 4 by 6 row which will be split, and the 5 by 5 will be roof mounted.
Wife wanted a bolt but due to pricing it’s cheaper to by the f150 ev. Still unsure of ev car but we spend roughly 200-300 monthly on gas. Not including the diesel on the farm, electric tractors are a long way off in price and functionality.
The auto transformer will not work for me so that is going back. Still waiting on the last bifacial panels from santan to come. They are also having a sale: https://santansolar.com/earth-month/

Attachments

• P4030415.JPG
    P4030415.JPG
    199.9 KB · Views: 10
  • P4030414.JPG
    P4030414.JPG
    210.4 KB · Views: 10
  • P4030413.JPG
    P4030413.JPG
    232.6 KB · Views: 10
My santan order was the most destroy pallet yet. Driver said every turned they banged up against the walls. Only two straps holing them upright. Thankfully the are resending the damaged panels. Very slow process as the grade is 4ft drop every 11 feet. Here's the 1st row of 6 completed.

Attachments

• P4160462.JPG
    P4160462.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 16
  • P4160463.JPG
    P4160463.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 16
  • P4160462.JPG
    P4160462.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 16
Almost completed after today will have 103 500w bifacials mounted. I have also amassed a bunch of like new panels with very minor near unnoticeable glass imperfections. I will sadly let them go for $1500 per panel free shipping. Pollen is now in full swing and amazing to see it get so thick in a week.

Attachments

• P4170469.JPG
    P4170469.JPG
    352.1 KB · Views: 19
  • P4170466.JPG
    P4170466.JPG
    630.3 KB · Views: 19
Here's a few pictures of true usage battery side when the sun is down, just the dryer and the air fryer.

Attachments

• dryer air fryer.jpg
    dryer air fryer.jpg
    375.3 KB · Views: 9
Santan was quick in getting my replacement panels out today but I rejected the order. They were dented and shattered, really amazing how hard it is for panels to survive shipping.

Santan was quick in getting my replacement panels out today but I rejected the order. They were dented and shattered, really amazing how hard it is for panels to survive shipping.
How many panels are you trying to replace - we normally don't recommend buying in quantities of less than 10 for just this reason. We always tell people to buy 2 or more extra panels so we can ship them as full pallets. It normally survives much better than shipping 1-2 panels individually.

How many panels are you trying to replace - we normally don't recommend buying in quantities of less than 10 for just this reason. We always tell people to buy 2 or more extra panels so we can ship them as full pallets. It normally survives much better than shipping 1-2 panels individually.
Hello Richard,
The difficult part is I only purchased pallets from your company. But when you have damage on all every pallet but one, I do not have enough spares. In order to replace them cheaply I had to use santan. But my last order 3 were damaged, many dented but no sure if they will crack later on, so I did not have any spares.

Hello Richard,
The difficult part is I only purchased pallets from your company. But when you have damage on all every pallet but one, I do not have enough spares. In order to replace them cheaply I had to use santan. But my last order 3 were damaged, many dented but no sure if they will crack later on, so I did not have any spares.
Yep. If you need 25 panels you need to buy 30. We are happy to fully refund the purchase price on damaged panels. Freight companies are a nightmare right now, so many newer hires and stuff is really messing a lot of stuff up. I saw an entire pallet of panels where a forklift fork went all the way through - they still tried to deliver it. It's crazy.

Yep. If you need 25 panels you need to buy 30. We are happy to fully refund the purchase price on damaged panels. Freight companies are a nightmare right now, so many newer hires and stuff is really messing a lot of stuff up. I saw an entire pallet of panels where a forklift fork went all the way through - they still tried to deliver it. It's crazy.
I took a risk two weeks ago on non-bifacials you had on sale, I was very nervous. The full pallet would leave me room for two damaged. Amazingly the pallet and exterior were in pristine condition, I need to take them apart and finish inspection but cosmetically the best delivered pallet yet.

I took a risk two weeks ago on non-bifacials you had on sale, I was very nervous. The full pallet would leave me room for two damaged. Amazingly the pallet and exterior were in pristine condition, I need to take them apart and finish inspection but cosmetically the best delivered pallet yet.
That's what I love to hear!

Santan was fast getting the replacements out quickly but it looked like the shipper stacked something on them. All of them were pressed down into each other’s frame and the top one was shattered. Finally got the tractor back so moved the last of my talesun and zshine over to mount those while I wait on replacements. I went with 6 by 6 posts, 6 by 12 supports and will see how well this does. It was so steep that using 2- or 3-inch steel pipe would have been costly with way too much waste. I notched everything and doubled the hurricane ties, all said and done it saved about $2800 in materials vs the way I mounted all the prior. Lowes in completely out of heavy-duty outdoor paint.

Attachments

• P4210472.JPG
    P4210472.JPG
    686.6 KB · Views: 14
  • P4210474.JPG
    P4210474.JPG
    379.4 KB · Views: 14
  • P4210475.JPG
    P4210475.JPG
    254.8 KB · Views: 14
Usage totals, during the spring to summer is usually the lowest for us.
Inverter 1 only has the hvac, mini split, hot water heaters
Inverter 2 has everything else. two fridge’s, two freezers, 3 tvs, nvr, radon fans, routers, hubs all the lights etc. Lot of small things that run 24hours.

Attachments

• totals inverter 1.jpg
    totals inverter 1.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 7
  • totals inveter 2.jpg
    totals inveter 2.jpg
    351.8 KB · Views: 7
Back