diy solar

diy solar

Very new to solar but started purchasing items, not sure of the final specs of the whole system.

Its a 50ah battery
You know Ah is only half the useful information. What the voltage? 24V for a 1 kWh battery or 360V for a 18 kWh battery?

Seem like a nice dirt bike. Is it the Nicot eBeast 12kw Electric Dirt Bike?
Also, how much is it?

You know Ah is only half the useful information. What the voltage? 24V for a 1 kWh battery or 360V for a 18 kWh battery?

Seem like a nice dirt bike. Is it the Nicot eBeast 12kw Electric Dirt Bike?
Also, how much is it?
It is a nicot, the say 72v but at full charge it shows 84v. They were 2950 but I think they raised it to $3100. Suspension is
great compared to the smaller electrics available. I would like to build an electric atv sometime as well but finding a 450 frame
has not been easy. I have been researching building battery packs for sometime now. I have found many great drop in motors
just for this as well.

Here's the loads, 3ton maxed out, 40 amp charge, clothes washer, two 5k floor heaters, two pcs, tv, dirt bike charging 12 amps.

Attachments

• hvac, 40 amp charge, clothers washer, two 5k heatsrs, tv two pcs.png
    hvac, 40 amp charge, clothers washer, two 5k heatsrs, tv two pcs.png
    191.5 KB · Views: 7
When the sun is out its party time but when its nothing but snow and clouds for two days we turn off everything. Two days of negative even in daylight hours but the batteries only hit 69%. We really have to go into power save mode but you can see the large delta.

Attachments

• two days of negative.png
    two days of negative.png
    17 KB · Views: 3
Sun came out partially and I missed the highest I have seen, was over 500amps with the batteries being lower.
Bank 1 was at 290 but screen shot did not save.

Attachments

• charging 000.png
    charging 000.png
    169 KB · Views: 5
Managed to get a decent amount into the truck started at 15amps this morning then 40 for most of the day.
EG4's sat between 15-17k most of the day and stayed decently cool.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230127-152423 - Copy.png
    Screenshot_20230127-152423 - Copy.png
    90.3 KB · Views: 2
Our 4th day of clouds and near zero pv and 30's temps, splitting the heat load made a tremendous difference. With everything on we have been averaging around 9-15 amps at most the past few days. But I took everything offline. Tomorrow the weather is reporting freezing rain. I want to try and charge them up incase the power does go out for a while. This summer I will have to work on adding a second
heat source.

Attachments

• 4th day of clouds.png
    4th day of clouds.png
    167.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
What are you using for heating?
Currently I have 3.5t for upstairs and 1.5t mini down, originally the house was a 5t split system which I greatly disliked. I'm thinking of adding a forced heat wood furnace. We do not have much wood on the property but was thinking of bamboo, just need to make a
bamboo splitting machine, plus I love the shoots.

Moving the charger outside to account for the new client bus that comes. Easy to take a part and not much inside.

Attachments

• P2070458.JPG
    P2070458.JPG
    426.4 KB · Views: 10
  • P2070459.JPG
    P2070459.JPG
    225.8 KB · Views: 10
  • P2070460.JPG
    P2070460.JPG
    288.8 KB · Views: 10
Flashed all 4 with the latest firmware's and been running decent load all morning, nothing to report at this time.
That's an impressive amount of power use. I need to restart some old hobbies and buy more panels and batteries.
Enjoy my graph. ?

Attachments

• IMG_20230211_121354.jpg
    IMG_20230211_121354.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 7
That's an impressive amount of power use. I need to restart some old hobbies and buy more panels and batteries.
Enjoy my graph. ?
Thx, I love to push stuff, I'm having to hold back today due to slight clouds, I been able to maintain over 26k usage a few posts back.
I really want to learn more about batteries and build an electric atv and utv.

Thx, I love to push stuff, I'm having to hold back today due to slight clouds, I been able to maintain over 26k usage a few posts back.
I really want to learn more about batteries and build an electric atv and utv.
That's insane, could run a basement full of servers along with metal halide grow lights along with ac upstairs to cool ?

Same, have an older sonoma I've been looking at converting to electric for a low tech reliable EV. Wish the electric enduros had a longer range / higher top speed.

That's insane, could run a basement full of servers along with metal halide grow lights along with ac upstairs to cool ?

Same, have an older sonoma I've been looking at converting to electric for a low tech reliable EV. Wish the electric enduros had a longer range / higher top speed.

It was a little drier yesterday and managed to break 49mph on the trails but it's really sketchy. The front wants to wash out more since the tire is small and the weight is up higher. I find myself sitting further forward to help balance it better. DIY EV would be great but pricing for motors/controllers has really gone up. I have been trying to find resources on diy batteries for atvs and an overview of all that would be needed.

Got some sun today and have been pushing the eg4's on the new firmware no problems so far.

Attachments

• eg4 new firmware.png
    eg4 new firmware.png
    174.9 KB · Views: 7
Worked all day putting in fence posts and was tired, turned the charging down to 6 amps after 3pm so the banks would
keep charging.
Got up and was wondering why the banks were at 84/85%.

Left it charging all night.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230215-122027 - Copy.png
    Screenshot_20230215-122027 - Copy.png
    101.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Three days of usage - no sun mostly negative, partly cloudy, full sun.
EV charging at 40 amps really helps to push the totals very close to records
to when I only had the heat on all day.

Attachments

• no sun - partly - cloudy - full sun.png
    no sun - partly - cloudy - full sun.png
    30.6 KB · Views: 6
Back