diy solar

diy solar

Victron Cerbo GX connectivity question

Paul_R

Solar Enthusiast
I'm liking Victron Connect via cellphone less and less for various reasons. I communicate with a mulitplus, a smart solar controller, and a smart shunt. I'd like to be able to use my laptop for communication and control instead of having to buy a Cerbo display and plug directly to the Cerbo GX. Can I also communicate and control via Bluetooth on the laptop? This is an RV installation FWIW. Thanks for any help.

You have a cerbogx already??? Is it on your wifi network?

You can connect to it using it's IP address in a web browser. The web user interface looks the same as the CerboGX display.

I'm also wondering, since my laptop is touchscreen and has an HDMI port, can it just plug and play as a Cerbo display? Has anybody tried that?

I'm also wondering, since my laptop is touchscreen and has an HDMI port, can it just plug and play as a Cerbo display? Has anybody tried that?
Your HDMI port on your laptop is an output (extra computer screens showing programs on your laptop).

I don't believe it works as an input.

You use a web browser to access the CerboGX over the network, and then you can see it without connecting an HDMI cable.

You can, If you are Linux savvy, use a raspberry pi *instead* of a CerboGX in many cases. Victron is open source friendly and releases their adaptation of Linux for the pi. It saves you the cost of the Cerbo, but you have to download it and install it on your pi. Check out this post below. Yes this means that the Cerbo is just a raspberry pi underneath all that blue plastic, with extra ports of various types.

-Chris

Back