diy solar

diy solar

Victron charger for 1-2 12v 100 ah battery

Harlen

Electrically Inquisitive
Hi
Looking at 3 victron chargers for 2 SOK 12v, 100ah batteries in a small off grid project.

Ip65 12/15, ip67 12/25 or an ip22 12/30

Pricing is all close enough to not be an issue, is it just a matter of the speed of recharge?

Thanks to all of you and the wealth of information you all actively post!

Call Justin at Bay Marine Supply
619-320-5899

He just helped me with this answer and also explained wire gauge.

Call Justin at Bay Marine Supply
619-320-5899

He just helped me with this answer and also explained wire gauge.
Thanks for responding!
I ended up trying the ip67 with 1 battery. It’s a nice charger, all the Victron stuff is.

I ordered a second battery and Now I’m thinking more of a 24 volt setup so I need to rethink my charging hardware. I could keep the 67 and just do parallel when panels are not filling the batteries up. But then I’d have to switch wiring from 2s to 2p, that seems like a doable but inefficient path, even if it wasn’t that often.

The Victron ip67 24/12 seems pretty low amperage for a 24 volt 100 aH setup. At least the 12/25 could recharge in under 4 hours if needed I guess it depends how much I plan on discharging the 24 volt setup.

I'm getting the IP22 30 amp. It has a built in cooling fan and the IP67 has a heatsink case but no fan. I'm always worried about safety as I'm a newbie! Make sure you have plenty of ventilation around it. I'm using mine in my conversion van with a Bluetti 200 and an additional 100amp Lifo battery. I have a lead acid for a house battery that is on its last leg. I will have shore power about every three days and I'm using a window 5000 BTU air conditioner to sleep. Camping in the Midwest in August can be brutal.

Thanks for responding!
I ended up trying the ip67 with 1 battery. It’s a nice charger, all the Victron stuff is.

I ordered a second battery and Now I’m thinking more of a 24 volt setup so I need to rethink my charging hardware. I could keep the 67 and just do parallel when panels are not filling the batteries up. But then I’d have to switch wiring from 2s to 2p, that seems like a doable but inefficient path, even if it wasn’t that often.

The Victron ip67 24/12 seems pretty low amperage for a 24 volt 100 aH setup. At least the 12/25 could recharge in under 4 hours if needed I guess it depends how much I plan on discharging the 24 volt setup.
I’ll give Justin a call either way to run it past him.
Thanks again
h

Back