diy solar

diy solar

Victron Multiplus 2 with Lifepower4 12v

Purgatory

Have been reading about some issues with the Lifepower4 and was wondering if anyone is running one with a Multiplus 2? I am having issues with the battery starting the inverter. I get a clicking in the Lifepower then it goes to safe mode without starting the inverter. If I start with shore power than add in the Lifepower it seems to work. The MP2 will charge the batteries and if I power off the shore power the battery will take over. The catch is once shore power returns the Lifepower seems to since a spike and shuts back down. I am new to solar but from all my photos and conversations my system is set up properly, just hoping someone has this set up and can tell me if they had issues? System consists of Victron Multiplus 2, Lynx, MPPT 150/100, Cerbo GX, Smart Shunt 500A, Orion 12/12/30, and Lifepower4 12v 400ah.

from that post
The problem with everything your suggesting Hedges, the pre-charge circuit that "we think" is causing the low voltage is IN the batteries and hooking external cables and resistors up doesn't bypass that. We don't know what triggers the built in Pre-charge timer. @signaturesolarrichard could you tell us what triggers the pre-charge circuit timer?

doesn’t seem to be an option for workaround

from that post
The problem with everything your suggesting Hedges, the pre-charge circuit that "we think" is causing the low voltage is IN the batteries and hooking external cables and resistors up doesn't bypass that. We don't know what triggers the built in Pre-charge timer. @signaturesolarrichard could you tell us what triggers the pre-charge circuit timer?

doesn’t seem to be an option for workaround
I'll research. How many batteries do you have and exactly what are you trying to run? Have you verified the starting amperage - this battery has a separate manufacturer and bms unit than the LifePower4 so the other issues above don't really apply here.

Just my experience with 2 24v Lifepower4's and a Multiplus (not a II), but if I powered on the inverter, then the batteries I had similar clicking problems. The last time I worked on the system and had everything off I started by turning both batteries on, then powered on the loads with my bluesea switch, then turned the Multiplus to "on". Everything came up and worked as expected with no issues.

Back